Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Some shots from Missouri

Date: 11/22/17 07:07
Some shots from Missouri
Author: SP8595

This past week I spent some time back in Missouri and while it wasn't a railfan trip, I always bring the camera along just in case:}

On Thursday, Nov. 16th I had to drive a rental truck from South of Chillicothe back to Independence and had some free time before the 11 AM return time on the truck.

1) BNSF 1011 is the rear DP on a Westbound feed train that was parked at Carrollton.

2) I noticed an Eastbound headlight near WB Jct. and the lead engine did not look Orange so I waited on the NS line figuring that it was probably a Norfolk Southern train but it turned out to be the Eastbound Amtrak Southwest Chief. So I made a mad dash up to the BNSF line to try and get it passing the Carrollton Depot. I had just enough time to jump out of the truck and snap the shot and as you can see, I framed the lead engine just perfectly in the shadow:{

3) With rumors that this Depot is to be demolished, I took a few pictures of it in case it is gone the next time that I am back there. Such a shame if it is indeed torn down:{

----------------------------Six More Pictures Posted Below---------------------

Date: 11/22/17 07:07
Re: Some shots from Missouri

A Great railfan friend offered to pick me up at Independence and drive me back to North of Carrollton and since it was a beautiful day, might as well "waste" a couple of minutes out shooting:}

4) At Hardin, ratty looking BNSF 4918 heads West. The train behind this had a Canadian Pacific engine leading but unfortunately we were blocked by a local on Main #3:{ Oh well, can't get them all.

5) Norfolk Southern SD60 #6662 looks sharp on this trestle on the old Wabash main at Hardin. This is local D19 and it was shoving empty hoppers back towards the new Soybean elevators.

6) NS 6662 continues to shove back, passing the elevator switcher at Hardin.

-----------Three More Pictures Posted Below-----------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/17 07:15 by SP8595.

Date: 11/22/17 07:08

7) We followed this Eastbound train out of Kansas City, finally shooting it at Carrollton. This is train #285 running from Kansas City to Jacksonville, FL

There were a bunch of reports about a Canadian Pacific Business train running with their F-units either into or out of Kansas City but the CP kept changing the supposed times on the special which made planning for it very frustrating. Either way, Thanks to everyone for keeping me "in the loop"!

8) I drove up to Chillicothe on the Canadian Pacific line early on Saturday, the 18th just in the off chance the Special was running Eastbound and right when it was supposed to have been heading through town, a train did indeed show up but it ended up being this Eastbound empty Sand train with BNSF and KCS engines up front. Being just after Sunrise and pouring rain, the conditions were less than ideal had it been the Special, which ended up sitting in KC all day.

9) On the drive back to the Airport on Saturday, I just missed the head end of a coal train heading Eastbound out the Brookfield Sub. at so called "Million Dollar Cut" just west of Richmond. I waited for the rear DP's but unfortunately they were facing into the train:{

Thanks for looking and I'm thinking that there will probably be more reports by me from Missouri in the future:}

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/17 07:27 by SP8595.

Date: 11/22/17 07:44
Author: 3rdswitch

Looks like you're gonna like it there. I'll take number five six and seven please ;-)
JB

Date: 11/22/17 08:16
Author: KCCharlie

Nice work John. Some of those places look very familiar. At least you had some sun for a day or two.

KCCharlie

Date: 11/22/17 08:20
Author: santafe199

Nice job with images #5 & #6! Since my return to Kansas in 2010 I've made many railfan treks over into northern Missouri to visit the former Santa Fe/Wabash paired main lines. I've been to/through Hardin scads of times but have never been lucky enough to catch any local activity on the old Wabash. Neat stuff!

Lance

Date: 11/22/17 08:46
Author: philhoov

I have visions of you chasing trains while driving a 26' U-Haul !!! :O)
Phil

Date: 11/22/17 09:08
Author: oklachaser

Awesome series of photos John.

Ronda Thomas

Posted from Android

Date: 11/22/17 11:04
Author: SD45X

Love that bridge shot! Vampire SW paint job.

Date: 11/22/17 13:18
Author: PasadenaSub

Agreed, #5 is one sharp looking photo! Nice looking bunch and great lighting.

Rich

SP8595 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 5) Norfolk Southern SD60 #6662 looks sharp on this
> trestle on the old Wabash main at Hardin.

Date: 11/22/17 18:23
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

Date: 11/22/17 19:47
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Very Nice Series John!

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 11/22/17 20:36
Author: SCKP187

Great set of photos all, especially like the NS local shots.
Brian Stevens

Date: 11/23/17 15:33
Author: oyw

Nice Missouri assortment. That cut near Richmond may not be the Rockies but it's certainly got potential, great job!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0942 seconds