Home Open Account Help 296 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Enjoying Clean Reefer in the Desert!

Date: 02/21/18 09:00
Enjoying Clean Reefer in the Desert!
Author: Fiftyfooter

Maybe not the kind some of you were thinking, but sure gets me "high" to see one clean!

Date: 02/21/18 09:26
Re: Enjoying Clean Reefer in the Desert!
Author: hawkinsun

Quick ! Somebody spray it with Silicone before the Grafilthy artists get to it. I wish some company would come up with a cheap anti grafiti repellent that would thwart most of the garbage art. They could probably make a lot of money.

Craig Hanson
Vay, Idaho

Date: 02/21/18 10:32
Author: march_hare

hawkinsun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Quick ! Somebody spray it with Silicone before
> the Grafilthy artists get to it. I wish some
> company would come up with a cheap anti grafiti
> repellent that would thwart most of the garbage
> art. They could probably make a lot of money.
>
> Craig Hanson
> Vay, Idaho

One of my buddies from undergraduate days, a chemistry major, got his first job (circa 1980) working for a major silicone manufacturer trying to do exactly this. they couldn't make it work, either on smooth surfaces or rough ones.

He's still with the company, and tells me that every few years somebody tries a new approach to paint-proofing surfaces.

So it's not like people aren't working on the problem.

Date: 02/21/18 16:01
Author: BarstowRiff

Reporting marks and car number moved to the top of the car in response to that very thing (graffiti).

Date: 02/21/18 18:24
Author: Hookdragkick

It's on its way to get painted.

Posted from Android

Date: 02/21/18 18:58
Author: Greyhounds

This story is absolutely true.

When I was a young lad, many years ago, I had Lionel trains. One car was a refrigerator car.

I knew such equipment was referred to as being a "Reefer". Well, I knew that but my dear mother did not. She did know that "Reefer" was slang for a marijuana cigarette. So when I called the car a "Reefer" all Hell broke loose. And it broke loose on me.

No explanation was allowed.

Date: 02/22/18 00:16
Author: coach

It is s shocking to see a clean car.  That's how bad it is--this car looks wrong.  But, it's right.  My eyes can't believe it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0316 seconds