Home Open Account Help 264 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Morning in Perris…California, that is

Date: 04/18/18 22:10
Morning in Perris…California, that is
Author: oyw

There wasn’t much going on last Sunday morning so I decided to take a drive down to the Orange Empire Railway Museum in Perris (SoCal). It had been several years since my last visit and with the Thomas trains being in town, I wanted to see what equipment they were using. I waited about a mile north of the museum at Ellis Ave.

1) Shortly after 9AM, the Thomas train heads north with 7 cars and SP U25B 3100, with the first of several morning trips.

2) Later in the morning and a couple of blocks further north, the 3100 looked and sounded good on the return trip to the museum.

3) A wider view. The old SP “economy” baggage car was a nice touch.

Date: 04/18/18 22:12
Re: Morning in Perris…California, that is
Author: oyw

4) Also running today was the Percy train. It featured the museum’s beautifully restored UP E8A 942 plus 5 cars.

5) And of course, bright green Percy bringing up the rear.

As the clouds intensified, by 11AM I headed for home. Props go out to the OERM for a very well run operation with an impressive fleet of equipment, including the yet to be released Santa Fe FP45 108. As a former member, I think it might be time to re-up.

OYW

Date: 04/18/18 22:46
Author: pdt

Montreal commutes, and NJT coaches? I had no idea.

NJT is short on pass cars. Maybe selling off loads of serviceable comet coaches wasnt a good idea.
With all due respect, I think NJT is run by idiots. Just my opinion.

Date: 04/19/18 07:51
Author: TomPlatten

The museum tried to acquire at more Montreal cars but were out bid by another organization. I saw a photo not to long ago showing those cars but cannot remember where they went. The Montreal cars are better than the NJT cars in that their windows can open making AC unnecessary. The NJT cars are sealed and require a power car to run the AC.

Date: 04/19/18 10:01
Author: lirrman

I have to say that I prefer the U25B to Thomas, but old Thomas packs in the paying customers, so I like Thomas. Gotta make a visit sometime.

Date: 04/19/18 12:49
Author: wigwag

Can Thomas and Percy doublehead?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/18 12:50 by wigwag.

Date: 04/19/18 14:32
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

Date: 04/19/18 17:04
Author: Geep

wigwag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can Thomas and Percy doublehead?

Need to be PTC equipped, first.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/19/18 21:30
Author: GRNDMND

wigwag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can Thomas and Percy doublehead?

They have on TV...

KC

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1115 seconds