Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Very Long Passenger Train on Tehachapi

Date: 04/19/18 05:37
Very Long Passenger Train on Tehachapi
Author: Chooch

I was just looking at the camera at CABLE and although it is dark there appeared to be a train stopped on what I will call track one heading north (true compass heading). Then a second train proceeded to pass the stopped train on track 2 with many passenger cars. They must have been passenger cars as all cars were lit up internally. If I didn't know better I would have surmised that it was the now defunct Ringling Brothers Circus train but that ain't so. Can someone shed some light (no pun intended) on what just took place and besides, why was a another train parked there.
Thanks for any information.

Jim
Hatboro, PA

Date: 04/19/18 06:21
Re: Very Long Passenger Train on Tehachapi
Author: crazybill

The operator of that camera has a bright light shining down that way that reflects off the safety strips on many cars. In the dark this often looks like an internally lit passenger car. It has fooled me a time or two. They don't all do it.
-Bill-

Date: 04/19/18 09:40
Author: Chooch

You know Bill, that came to me after a while. The darkness sure plays tricks. Sorry for the mis-communication but thank you.

Jim
Hatboro, PA

Date: 04/19/18 21:33
Author: SPnow

There is not a light shinning down to the tracks, What appears to look lite up is not, Its the cameras night vision, It takes minimal light to enhance the cameras night vision

Date: 04/20/18 06:51
Author: crazybill

Something is illuminating those near trees and causing the reflective tape on the freight cars to shine back. It isn't the moon.

Date: 04/20/18 06:58
Author: SPnow

I am the owner of the cam. There is absolutely no lights involved. The trees and track are viewed at night with the IR camera. I know it does look like lights, but it is very dark where the cam is and there are no lights.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/21/18 08:24
Author: drwwork

Can you please provide the link for this CAM? Thanks.

Date: 04/21/18 11:52
Author: jst3751

drwwork Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you please provide the link for this CAM?
> Thanks.

While you can use the search function, as the link has been posted before, since I am watching it now here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3wjQOgSMIA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0312 seconds