Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > One Mississippi, Two Mississippi, Three Mississ.........

Date: 04/25/18 08:55
One Mississippi, Two Mississippi, Three Mississ.........
Author: Fiftyfooter

Visiting from Mississippi!

Date: 04/25/18 09:13
Re: One Mississippi, Two Mississippi, Three Mississ.........
Author: wjpyper

I appreciate the pix of boxcars and other rolling stock that you post. For some reason, a majority of the people who post here seem to be only interested in locomotives.
Bill Pyper
Salem, Oregon

Date: 04/25/18 10:15
Author: thehighwayman

wjpyper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I appreciate the pix of boxcars and other rolling
> stock that you post. For some reason, a majority
> of the people who post here seem to be only
> interested in locomotives.
> Bill Pyper
> Salem, Oregon

I agree with you Bill!
Too often we will see a posting about a high-wide load ... and only see a sliver of the high-wide because the photographer only posted a 3/4 angle shot of the locomotives. Or they will mention that the train had an interesting car .... but only took photos of the locomotives.
A railway (or railroad) is so much more than just a bunch of locomotives!

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON

Date: 04/25/18 10:22
Author: HH

I also enjoy your freight car posts.
And the info you supply with them.

HH

Date: 04/25/18 11:12
Author: DLM

Looks like the trailer is owned by KLLM Trucking based out of Mississippi. They have several painted up for Visit Mississippi.

Thanks for posting.

Date: 04/25/18 14:09
Author: Fiftyfooter

I agree with you Bill!
Too often we will see a posting about a high-wide load ... and only see a sliver of the high-wide because the photographer only posted a 3/4 angle shot of the locomotives. Or they will mention that the train had an interesting car .... but only took photos of the locomotives.
A railway (or railroad) is so much more than just a bunch of locomotives!

Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words! I will keep trying to mix in some different stuff to keep it interesting!

Date: 04/25/18 16:35
Author: DynamicBrake

That is one nice looking trailer! Thanks for sharing.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 04/25/18 18:59
Author: Pinecliffe

I will second what the others have said. I really enjoy your photos of rolling stock. Thanks for posting.

Date: 04/26/18 10:49
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Fiftyfooter --
Thanks so much for those excellent photos of that beautifully painted truck trailer. KLLM is to be highly praised for doing that. Now THAT is true creativity! We need a lot more of that. And thanks so much for taking pictures of the cars. Without cars, railroads would not exist, yet most photographers ignore them. if locomotives are running without cars, that is a light engine move, and is interesting, but not as much as seeing a train with lots of cars behind the power. Thank you for realizing that, and for sharing your nice photos with us.

Very well done!

Date: 04/26/18 11:01
Author: skinem

That's nice. Hopefully it stays that way. Reminds me of the BN trailers painted to celebrate different cities...been a while. I think it was the BN.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.054 seconds