Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Derailment near Valentine on the BNSF Seligman Sub

Current Page:1 of 5

Date: 06/05/18 18:06
Derailment near Valentine on the BNSF Seligman Sub
Author: SouthWestRailCams

I just got an email that there was a Derailment near Valentine on the BNSF Seligman Sub.  Anyone hear anything?  Hope everyone is okay.

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 06/05/18 18:07
Re: Derailment near Valentine on the BNSF Seligman Sub

Looking at ATCS, No trains are moving between Peach Springs and Valentine.

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 06/05/18 18:10
Author: Alco251

Hearing train vs. vehicle, Hazmat involved. Cars on ground.

Date: 06/05/18 18:43
Author: Valleyman

Not a good day for the BNSF! Another derailment on the Stockton sub last night/this morning. 30 cars and both tracks still shut down just east of Stockton, CA yard. Been detouring some trains on the UP Fresno sub. Anyone have any updates on this derailment?

Valleyman

Date: 06/05/18 18:45
Author: goneon66

i'll go check it out......

Date: 06/05/18 19:16
Author: Cumbresfan

Both #3 and #4 now showing service disruption on asm.transitdocs. #3 is west of Gallup and #4 is just out of the box in LA. If the wreck is bad, I would suspect a bus bridge between Flagstaff and Kingman.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/18 19:17 by Cumbresfan.

Date: 06/05/18 19:29
Author: daniel3197

AT 7:26 PM AMtrak train 4--5th Xing aver at CP Buena park and soon arrifing into Fullerton CA FUL.
I guess AMtrak will BUS from Kingman AZ to Flagstaff AZ to bridge the derail Gap at Valentine AZ .
That will be a VERY EARLY ornign for poor train 4 eastbound pax indeed.
---Daniel

Date: 06/05/18 20:33
Author: LX15840

it was a maintenance truck.....3 men in it, 2 got out, one in middle seat did not. was fatally injured...speed was 15 mph...surprised that happened at 15 mph, but there is no give to a 100 ton loco...also surprised that there was a derailment under those circumstances.

Date: 06/05/18 20:36

According to Someone on Facebook. BNSF 4283 rear ended a rail train dumping rail. Two of the three crewmen on the rail train were able to jump off! The third member was not able too. Doesn’t sound good. Isn’t this the kind of accident PTC was designed to prevent? BNSF was supposedly 100% compliment with PTC.

Valleyman

Date: 06/05/18 20:40
Author: ProAmtrak

If it is it seems PTC isn't that reliable!

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/18 23:09 by ProAmtrak.

Date: 06/05/18 20:48

there is a ton of info on the Flagstaff virtual railfan site....if you don't have that site GET IT! there are BNSF employees on their chat forum ...lots of details coming out....very sad that this happened...apparently a relief crew got flagged thru a signal....the NTSB logs are full of incidents like this where bad things happened when rules were violated under abnormal circumstances

Date: 06/05/18 20:53

Update...apparently it was a rail train that was rear-ended, not a maintenance vehicle....not sure of the circumstances

Date: 06/05/18 21:05
Author: czephyr17

Here is the BNSF Service Advisory that was just posted:

On Tuesday, June 5th, 2018 at 05:00 p.m. CDT, we received a preliminary report of a train derailment on the Seligman Subdivision in Arizona involving the S-MEMSCO1-02L impacting both main lines. The estimated time of opening has not been determined at this time.

BNSF will continue to provide you with additional information as it becomes available. Customers may experience delays of 24-48 hours or longer on shipments moving through this area.

Date: 06/05/18 21:11
Author: ProAmtrak

Cumbresfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Both #3 and #4 now showing service disruption on
> asm.transitdocs. #3 is west of Gallup and #4 is
> just out of the box in LA. If the wreck is bad, I
> would suspect a bus bridge between Flagstaff and
> Kingman.

You mean between Kingman and Winslow?

Posted from Android

Date: 06/05/18 21:27
Author: Hookdragkick

Amtrak is sitting in Winslow.

Truck involved was the "Herzog ribbon rail feeder truck".

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/18 21:35 by Hookdragkick.

Date: 06/05/18 21:30

Talk about bad luck! This morning the ZNBYWSP9 ( Richmond, CA - Chicago) detoured onto the UP Fresno sub in Stockton, CA. because of a derailment on the BNSF Stockton sub. It made great time on the UP to Bakersfield with a UP pilot. Only, to now be stopped on the Needles sub due to another derailment.

Valleyman

Date: 06/05/18 21:37
Author: MP555

Valleyman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isn’t this the kind of accident PTC was
> designed to prevent?

Not rear-enders.

Date: 06/05/18 21:55
Author: RayLewis

Well east of crozier there is pretty good visibility through Cherokee....up to Yampai Canyon which isnt that long, but curvy. I saw a map on Fox, but it wasnt real clear so I did my best. My guess would be there too. All I have heard as its east of crozier so my guess would be it happened there. Out of that canyon it's pretty easy to see until you get through Peach Springs and start curving into Nelson.

Were up North now. I had two locations in mind....Sunshine and Yampai canyon. Since there were light clouds I opted to go East for the sunset instead. Glad I didnt, since my lil ones were with me.
Ray

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/18 21:57 by RayLewis.

Date: 06/05/18 22:07
Author: px320

Holding No. 3 in Winslow makes the most sense. There are 3 main tracks plus the station track. Flag has very limited space.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/18 09:28 by px320.

Date: 06/05/18 22:11

According to asm.transitdocs.com, #3 is moving West @ 12MPH.  It is now West of Winslow.

Current Page:1 of 5

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0597 seconds