Home Open Account Help 172 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tunnel 11 Broadcast Message


Date: 06/19/18 12:09
Tunnel 11 Broadcast Message
Author: HogheadMike

I just received this message when I logged in to the UP site.

THE WORK ON CASCADE SUB TUNNEL 11 IS SCHEDULED TO BE COMPLETED 6-20-18 AT 1800. EXPECT TRAIN LINEUPS TO VARY OVER THE NEXT 72 – 96 HOURS UNTIL NORMAL OPERATIONS RESUME. WE APPRECIATE YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND COMMITMENT TO SERVICE DURING THIS TIME.



Date: 06/19/18 12:17
Re: Tunnel 11 Broadcast Message
Author: daniel3197

HogheadMike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just received this message when I logged in to
> the UP site.
>
> THE WORK ON CASCADE SUB TUNNEL 11 IS SCHEDULED TO
> BE COMPLETED 6-20-18 AT 1800. EXPECT TRAIN LINEUPS
> TO VARY OVER THE NEXT 72 – 96 HOURS UNTIL NORMAL
> OPERATIONS RESUME. WE APPRECIATE YOUR
> UNDERSTANDING AND COMMITMENT TO SERVICE DURING
> THIS TIME.


EXCELLENT EXCELLENT news. WOnder where the FInal Detour trians are now on the Salt Lake CIty UT Detour ???
Fantastic news and many THank yous to you HogheadMike for keeping us posted.

-----Daniel



Date: 06/19/18 18:13
Re: Tunnel 11 Broadcast Message
Author: zfan

daniel3197 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HogheadMike Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I just received this message when I logged in
> to
> > the UP site.
> >
> > THE WORK ON CASCADE SUB TUNNEL 11 IS SCHEDULED
> TO
> > BE COMPLETED 6-20-18 AT 1800. EXPECT TRAIN
> LINEUPS
> > TO VARY OVER THE NEXT 72 – 96 HOURS UNTIL
> NORMAL
> > OPERATIONS RESUME. WE APPRECIATE YOUR
> > UNDERSTANDING AND COMMITMENT TO SERVICE DURING
> > THIS TIME.
>
>
> EXCELLENT EXCELLENT news. WOnder where the FInal
> Detour trians are now on the Salt Lake CIty UT
> Detour ???
> Fantastic news and many THank yous to you
> HogheadMike for keeping us posted.
>
> -----Daniel


Saw a hot Z reroute train heading south through the Shasta line in Ogden earlier today. probably one of the last.



Date: 06/19/18 18:24
Re: Tunnel 11 Broadcast Message
Author: TCnR

Curious if that doublestack is still in Eugene as mentioned in an earlier thread.

thanks to all for the updates.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/18 18:27 by TCnR.



Date: 06/19/18 18:34
Re: Tunnel 11 Broadcast Message
Author: ble692

I got the same message as well when logging on to the computer this afternoon.

The ZLCBR 20 is planned for it's normal routing up the I-5 corridor and they are adding people back to boards, so it seems like things are in fact getting ready to open up.



Date: 06/19/18 20:59
Re: Tunnel 11 Broadcast Message
Author: Railbaron

TCnR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Curious if that doublestack is still in Eugene as mentioned in an earlier thread.
>
> thanks to all for the updates.


Yes it is - even with the UPS trailer still on it (hope it's an empty trailer).



Date: 06/20/18 07:24
Re: Tunnel 11 Broadcast Message
Author: CBRL

My thoughts as well...hope those containers in the yard are empty! Will be happy to see them head down the line soon.

Tom Trent
Eugene, OR



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0412 seconds