Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UPS on BNSF

Date: 06/27/18 09:58
UPS on BNSF
Author: thaddeh

I am going to receive a package by UPS. It is coming from Lexington, KY and the latest update shoes Hodgkins, IL this morning.

Just as a matter of pure foaming, how possible is it to figure out which train is carrying the UPS trailer carrying my package?

Date: 06/27/18 10:49
Re: UPS on BNSF
Author: stash

It depends on your location.

I love to see my packages scanned at that UPS facility as I can predict the arrival day at Northbay in the SF Bay Area. BNSF is just like a conveyor belt.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/27/18 11:03
Author: Eagle22

I have sent packages from Texas to Ohio via UPS in the past. I use Fedex Ground now just because UPS rates are extremely expensive compared to Fedex Ground. UPS tends to rail the containers/trailers to Chicago then truck shipments from Chicago to Toledo for my destination in southwest Ohio. I am sure it was the same from Lexington. Service is just too slow when you look at the transit maps on NS and CSX. You can also tell that is truck by the number of stops made from Chicago going east. I have had another package trucked to Chicago then railed to Kansas City, assuming BNSF. No stops between Chicago and Kansas City. It just depends on if the corridor has service times that work with the UPS tight schedule. Remember, UPS also uses leased containers such as EMP, CSX, UMAX to name a few examples I have seen.

Date: 06/27/18 12:00
Author: icancmp193

I get one or two parcels per week FedEx Ground. It's fun to folow the tracking because they usually come out of Chicago on the UP, but sometimes they come out on the BNSF Transcon.
Generally without fail, they arrive at my home (Greenville, CA) on the appointed day.

TJY

Date: 06/27/18 12:10
Author: callum_out

Ah yes FedEx, get most of my small parcels via the USPS after FedEx dropped them off at the postal center in a big bag.

Out

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0293 seconds