Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tacoma Rail Questions

Date: 07/03/18 19:21
Tacoma Rail Questions
Author: ns2557

It appears that I am going to be in the Tacoma/Puyallup/Sumner Wa area for the 4th of July tomorrow and til Friday am. Would like to get some shots of the Tacoma Rail Opeartions if possible. We are going to be in Puyallup for most of the time, but I will be leaving the Big Truck at the Loves Truck Stopp in Fife Wa off of I5 at exit 136. Is there anything close by that i could shoot? Or do I have to go searching for some shots? Mostly interested in getting some roster type shots if possible, since I do not believe anything will be running for the most part tomorrow. Not sure about Thursday tho. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and all ya'll have a great 4th Of July or correctly, Independence Day.  Ben

Date: 07/03/18 20:20
Re: Tacoma Rail Questions
Author: jimB

I'm sure you'll get much better info from some of the local people on this board, but Tacoma Rail's offices and engine facility appear to be along N Frontage Rd, along 509, but not very accessable for photos. I have had more luck near there along Milwaukee Way - you can get Mt Tainier in some of the photos.

Sumner is great for BNSF but not Tacoma Rail as far as I know.

I am passing through there Thursday on our way to see family in Maple Valley.

Jim B

Date: 07/04/18 12:49
Re: Tacoma Rail Questions
Author: spwolfmtn

Most of the Muni is in the Port of Tacoma area, so there are numerous places where you can see and shoot them (though the scenery is industrial) from public property.  Just look out for the chaos with trucks.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0364 seconds