Date: 07/19/18 16:55
Re: Internet down
Author: callum_out

And you sent that by smoke signals?

Out

Date: 07/19/18 19:06
Author: santafe199

callum_out Wrote: > ...  you sent that by smoke signals?

"Posted from Android"
There have been lotsa times where our internet was down, but we still had on line by cell phone access. That's obviously what "Posted from Android" indicates

Date: 07/19/18 20:11
Author: callum_out

Oh, I thought Android was his little ronot out back sending smoke signals, TO is such an
educational opportunity.

Out

Date: 07/19/18 20:38
Author: NormSchultze

I have AT&T in San Antonio TX. It's down as much as it's up. Landline too.  Curses.  Back to Spectrum as soon as I can.

Date: 07/19/18 22:22
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Doesn't seem to matter as all services seem to be rather proud of themselves but their performance seems to be not so much. I have given up on the local "Big Name" phone company that could not transfer me to a different number of their own company; i.e., you are the phone company and can't transfer a call to another number? Local "Big Name" power company has enough blip failures that I installed UPS/Battery Backups on all electronics that require a time consuming reset if power blips while on. Those UPS devices work great as continued to watch TV via satellite for 20 minutes with no incoming power. Internet blips too, during last failure could not get their automated operator to connect me to tech support even though their system recognized my phone number as a legitimate account could not recognize my zip code where they send the mail and installed the equipment. After getting away from their not working modem was able to use smart phone to get online via carrier and actually get phone number for the internet tech support which recognized my phone and zip code, acknowledging issues and stating when it would be fixed, that number now in smart phone and recorded voice on other business line may allow them to think about the screwed up data. Also installed backup power and transfer switch to attempt to exist in modern USA.

SuperChiefDon

Date: 07/20/18 08:37
Author: TAW

ATSFSuperChief Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Doesn't seem to matter as all services seem to be
> rather proud of themselves but their performance
> seems to be not so much.

My cable/internet/land phone purveyor has on their website, a phone number for reporting an internet service failure, which is useless during a failure unless you have written it on paper in advance. Do so, then call the number to report a failure and the first thing the robot tells you to do is use the on line chat to report the problem.

TAW

Date: 07/20/18 08:59
Author: tomstp

I think we can all tell horror stories about internet service, especially AT&T.

Date: 07/20/18 09:13
Author: fbe

Internet neutrality was ripped from our fingers. An individual trying to talk to friends is not going to get the service some company who is going to try to sell you something does account they are paying the providers to keep them on top.

My AT&T service has always worked well for me. It is the only service to have if you travel to Alaska especially out in the tundra.

Date: 07/20/18 09:18
Author: Ritzville

I used a friends smart phone to post internet was down. My server centurylink.net was the bad actor and was out till at least 3am.

Larry

Date: 07/20/18 12:02
Author: ns1000

Ritzville Wrote:
> I used a friends smart phone to post internet was
> down. My server centurylink.net was the bad actor
> and was out till at least 3am.
>
> Larry

My mom had Centurylink.   I'm not going there......:</

Date: 07/20/18 19:59
Author: MC6853

callum_out Wrote:
> And you sent that by smoke signals?
>
> Out

Thank you for a good laugh!

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds