Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > on the road, again . . .

Date: 07/20/18 21:01
on the road, again . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .   yes, that's right, back out on the road, again. Left this afternoon for Goodland, KS and a wifes side family reunion this weekend. Informed of a KYLE with solid former UTAH
RWY units TOMORROW, BUT, while passing Stratton, CO, noticed a westbound KYLE stopped EAST of town. Upon investigation, train had just changed crews and new crew left train east of town bringing two cars with them to pick up another UTAH unit before pickup up cars in the pass here (top). What railroad is this anyway! After seeing this exchange and talking with crew, had to wheel and deal with wife as we were heading to Goodland to take her dad to dinner. Made the deal to drive her forty miles to Goodland, pick up keys from father in law, take her to get her dads truck then high tail it forty miles back to Stratton to hopefully catch the KYLE Limon Turn. They were VERY slow performing the work and departed west shortly after I arrived back at Stratten a little over an hour and a half later. What we do for a few pics! A few miles west of Stratton the job was slowing climbing out of a sag (middle) then slowly passing through the next town west, Vona (bottom)   .   .   .   THREE more   .   .   .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/18 21:09 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 07/20/18 21:02
Re: on the road, again . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .  there was a ten mph speed restriction almost the entire fifteen miles from Stratton to Seibert, sight of their next work. The unit that was picked up in Stratton was placed on the point as it had the only operatiing A/C. Climbing west out of Vona (top) between Vona and Seibert (middle) and approaching Seibert (bottom). At Seibert lost the sun for the day plus they had a twelve car pickup and two car setout which would take up too much time even if the sun would have remained so I called it quits appreciating my good fortune. Tomorrow and Sunday reunion activities then Monday heading for Mississippi to visit grand girls. We will see what we see along the way.
JB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/18 21:08 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 07/21/18 03:26
Author: cozephyr

Rare catch in eastern Colorado on a Friday-three Utah Railway units on a westbound train!  Glad your wife is so understanding.

Date: 07/21/18 05:17
Author: ns1000

Nice shots!!

Date: 07/21/18 05:45
Author: SP8595

Great catch for sure!

Date: 07/21/18 06:41
Author: spider1319

Great shots.I too have to make a deal sometimes with the wife when the chase comes up you can't miss,so I really like the story.Bill Webb 

Date: 07/21/18 18:10
Author: bobk

Great shots!

Date: 07/22/18 07:27
Author: SCKP187

Great shots--one would not expect to see in CO & KS.  Glad you got the leader that was still in UTAH paint.
Brian Stevens

Date: 07/22/18 09:27
Author: oklachaser

Great catch & photos JB.

Ronda Thomas

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0532 seconds