Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Power To The People

Date: 07/21/18 03:50
Power To The People
Author: Railbaron

Thanks to "2ebright" here on TO I was able to spend a couple of very successful days on the Deseret Power Railway.

Here is the afternoon train cresting over the hill at MP 28 and starting to drop down into the power plant near Bonanza, Utah, on July 19th with another load of coal to keep the plant making electricity, which of course keeps the railroad operating as well.

---------------------------------------

Update: Photo(s) deleted because there are thieves on Trainorders who download and then use other peoples' photos in books, or simply print and sell the prints, for their own enrichment!!! I don't mind downloading them for your personal enjoyment but I draw the line at selling them or publishing them and claiming they are yours. Sorry I have to do this but the actions of a few screw it up for all.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/20 11:53 by Railbaron.

Date: 07/21/18 05:02
Re: Power To The People
Author: KimHeusel

Beautiful picture!

Kim Heusel

Date: 07/21/18 15:22
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Nice photo, sir!  Really like the curve.

And all that electricity is keeping people in the Salt Lake City area cool -- it makes all those nice air-conditioners work.  Too hot without them!

Date: 07/21/18 18:13
Author: bobk

Nice shot!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0363 seconds