Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > But Do They Really Mean It?

Date: 07/21/18 21:58
But Do They Really Mean It?
Author: SN711

I am guessing  that they do.  I haven't gone by this spot more than once or twice in the year since I took these photos, but I have noticed that the area has been clear each time. at one time this area was a huge draw for a bunch of homeless. There would always be at least 10 or so, with some even sitting on the bridge up against the railing.  Not sure what the speed limit through here is but the Amtrak corridor trains seem to be pushing 70 mph at times. In the times I was here when a train went by, while the homeless were on the bridge walkway, the train happened to be on the far track. I doubt that they moved much even when the train was on the close track. I have no doubt that someone eventually had to have gotten hit somewhere in this area, to warrant the extra attention from Union Pacific Police.  This is the Parr Blvd crossing of the UP in Richmond, CA. Actually, I am not sure if it is in Richmond, North Richmond (county) or San Pablo as it is somewhere in the border area. I would only head down here on a weekday morning if an Oakland bound BNSF stack train was going to be coming off the connector at Giant (behind the camera).  This past year, BNSF has not sent very many trains down to the UP in the mornings (when I was out). 

Gary 

Date: 07/21/18 22:44
Re: But Do They Really Mean It?
Author: PHall

Something tells me that sometime in the past a trespasser used the excuse that he didn't see any no trespassing signs.
Knee jerk justice at it's finest!

Date: 07/21/18 23:47
Author: 2720

Doesn't mean a thing if it isn't enforced!

Mike

Date: 07/22/18 01:51
Author: TCnR

Nice of them to install tent poles for the next group.

Date: 07/22/18 06:23
Author: wigwag

My guess is that all the signs in the world aint going to stop a trespasser from being their.

Date: 07/22/18 06:58
Author: MEKoch

The signs are ordered by the law department, so that the next tresspasser who is killed, his family cannot sue the railroad and make wild claims that he did not know it was tresspassing.  Thus the out-of-court settlement will be very low for UP. 

Date: 07/22/18 07:28
Author: stash

Many trespasser strikes there and elsewhere in Richmond. Most involve Capitol Corridor trains and gum up service for several hours. More fencing going up. A week ago a trespasses lost a limb after walking in front of a train and don't know if he survived.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/22/18 09:51
Author: PHall

Fencing goes up and the holes appear within days if not hours.

Date: 07/22/18 09:51
Author: wpdude

Same area where my sister in law was. Been a huge problem there for years.

Date: 07/23/18 05:45
Author: santafedan

Sale on the signs?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0334 seconds