Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More Nebraska Trip . . .

Date: 08/10/18 08:34
More Nebraska Trip . . .
Author: SCKP187

Traveling along US 30 on the UP Main Line is always a great experience for rail fanning on the triple track.  Terrain is flat and one can see oncoming or overtaking trains well in advance and often times shots of the full-length of the train is quite easy.  So much different than fanning in the tree-tunnels of Oklahoma.

1.     As one might expect, foreign power is not too common on the Overland Route trains, but there are some as UP 5822-9639-NS 9878 on this grain/manifest combination at Central City NE

2.     Its length and weight even dictated UP 7297 mid-train DPU

3.     Busy little town--as soon as the train passed and gates went up, they activated back down again for wb auto loads featuring a nice looking SD60M

more to follow . .

Date: 08/10/18 08:40
Re: More Nebraska Trip . . .
Author: SCKP187

4.     UP 8534-8726 lead one of many coal trains with the symetrical look of all cars alike

5.     Stack containers with lots of power on line and an aero wedge blast through Kearney NE

6.     More coal with a typical GE consist at Willow Island NE--actually saw more of the Kansas State Flower in Nebraska than in Kansas this year.

Photos August 5 2018  Thanks for looking 
Brian Stevens

Date: 08/10/18 09:19
Author: Ritzville

Sounds like a fun trip on US30 in Nebraska Brian. I did that same trip in the 1970's and 80's on the UP racetrack. Your pictures make me want to do it again. Back then, no quiet zones and many non-gated crossings.

Larry

Date: 08/10/18 10:42
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Nice Series Brian.  Makes me want to get out to the UP Racetrack Again!   Maybe Saturday...

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 08/10/18 11:21
Author: bmarti7

Nice series - that road, in no. 3, has been transversed by twjurgens, santafe199, me and others I'm sure. Great little town with a Dairy Queen and Casey's General Store - what railfan could ask for more?

BB

Date: 08/10/18 16:44
Author: SalamanderSam

bmarti7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice series - that road, in no. 3, has been
> transversed by twjurgens, santafe199, me and
> others I'm sure. Great little town with a Dairy
> Queen and Casey's General Store - what railfan
> could ask for more?
>
> BB

Yep, been there and down that road many times in the past 50+ years..

Date: 08/10/18 17:55
Author: twjurgens

Good stuff Brian!

Date: 08/21/18 16:03
Author: KEL27

Drove US30 for the first time last week. I knew the line was busy, but the sheer number of trains was amazing.

Ken

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0492 seconds