Home Open Account Help 208 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Smoke gets in your eyes

Date: 08/11/18 12:15
Smoke gets in your eyes
Author: photobob

This is what we have up in Dunsmuir this morning. Dirty sky and dirty units.

Robert Morris
Dunsmuir, CA
Robert Morris Photography

Date: 08/11/18 12:21
Re: Smoke gets in your eyes
Author: callum_out

Shot 2, that barren spot off the right, man have times changed.

Out

Date: 08/11/18 12:29
Author: Amtrak_Julie

Yep. Donner was/is bad, and the FRC was the holdout; now it's gotten up there too. I also saw a post on FB that I will pass along: If you live in an area nearby the fires, please make sure your pets are taken in the house at night. In addition to the people, there is a lot of displaced wildlife due to the fires. Please let them pass thru peacefully, and perhaps put out some water for them in buckets, etc. They are exhausted and scared as well. I've had lots of sightings so far on my mountain trips of critters all over. I'm sure they're on the roads too. Be careful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/18 12:30 by Amtrak_Julie.

Date: 08/11/18 12:30
Author: GRNDMND

It's hard to get "inspired" to go out and photograph the rr when the equipment is that filthy, covered in "art" and the skies are messed up with smoke. But if we enjoy the hobby, we do what we can with what is presented to us.  

KC

Date: 08/11/18 13:06
Author: Hookdragkick

#tunnels. You're going to get dirty!

Posted from Android

Date: 08/11/18 13:35
Author: RyanWilkerson

Really good quality in the shots Bob!

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 08/11/18 18:15
Author: AmHog

They should remove those American Flags on the units if they are not going to keep them clean. Show some respect. 

Date: 08/12/18 08:45
Author: LittleDoc

Just me I guess, but dirty flags seem disrespectful.  Maybe it's time to go back to "Union Pacific" on the sides but keep the winged UP on the front. 

Doc   -Henderson NV 

Date: 08/12/18 11:50
Author: rbenko

Nice shot as usual Bob, even with the smoky skies and dirty EMDs.

My one and only time in Dunsmuir (so far) was back in April 2014.  I took video of a southbound merch at this very spot - you inspired me to post it.  Hope you don't mind!!

Fellow foamers and TO members stevelv and "Vinny Boom Batz" (forgot his TO handle!) are seen taking photos from track level.  

Enjoy!

Rob Benkovitz
New York, NY

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/12/18 14:36
Author: photobob

Why would I mind? Its a good location for an overall shot of Dunsmuir and has been used countless times.

Robert Morris
Dunsmuir, CA
Robert Morris Photography

Date: 08/12/18 17:17
Author: Alien

Photobob is in my video on UP 8718 when I was filming from the station,,,,when I get that video uploaded I'll minute mark it....
I thought that may be him when videotaping,,,,but I didn't see Photobob until Amtrak 14 arrived....

This is UP 8718 during the crew change at Dunsmuir. I had to get video this close 1st of 8718 arriving full brake....., then moved south to get Amtrak arriving later.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0927 seconds