Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Tehachapi Depot Cam question

Date: 10/15/18 08:56
Tehachapi Depot Cam question
Author: StStephen

Sometimes when scrolling along the timeline bar on the bottom I get a small screen view showing what is happening at that time (ie: if I am scrolling along back an hour it shows what the camera is capturing at that time).  Sometimes it does not show up.  Since I'm not very tech savy, and I don't think I'm doing anything different, does anyone know if there is a setting that keeps that? TIA for any information.

Date: 10/15/18 10:26
Re: Tehachapi Depot Cam question
Author: ldstephey

It appears that feature recently stopped working on many of the live streaming train sites.  Not sure why.

It is NOT just you.

Date: 10/15/18 12:09
Author: delvalrailfan

I have the same problem on this cam and all other cams

Date: 10/15/18 15:42
Author: mapboy

Those "thumbnails" were working yesterday, but not today at Tehachapi.  Not working anymore on Virtual RailFan's YouTube webcams.  Those thumbnails make it easy to quickly find the last four hours of trains.  For those places with ATCS radio code over the internet, like La Plata webcam, you can log the trains on ATCS, replay the log at high speed and note the time when the trains pass the La Plata Crossover.  You can then go back to that time, within the last four hours on YouTube, or within the last 24 hours on VRF's subscription DVR.

mapboy

Date: 10/16/18 04:41
Author: ns1000

Those ''thumbnails" have not been working.....

I just click on a time and see if a train went by.

Date: 10/16/18 05:25
Author: ldstephey

Consensus seems to be that it is a Youtube issue.  Perhaps trying to conserve bandwidth on the live sites?

Date: 10/16/18 07:23
Author: stevenlsilva

If you click onto cable cam you see the live link for Tehachapi live click onto that and you will see live with your curent time and date

Date: 10/16/18 17:53
Author: zfan

The Tehachapi cam comes in great live.  I think you have to have Youtube Red though.  This and Barstow are my two favorite new cams!

Date: 10/17/18 04:01
Author: delvalrailfan

zfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Tehachapi cam comes in great live.  I think
> you have to have Youtube Red though.  This and
> Barstow are my two favorite new cams!

You have to have YouTube Red to get the preview bar on all the Live Cams?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0511 seconds