Home Open Account Help 267 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Sunny Tuesday Variety

Date: 10/16/18 16:40
Sunny Tuesday Variety
Author: rrartist

The snow that fell on Sunday is all but a distant memory, for now, as the sun warmed the temps into mid-fifties and the clouds stayed away. So let's get started shall we? BNSF H-NSINTW started my day with the NS 2590 waiting for the conductor to walk up after doing a few chores in the yard. I heard via the scanner there was an westbound CP train crossing the Mississippi River so off to Dakota I go, only to catch the NS 9615 and CP 687's train. I ventured towards Winona MN to catch the Empire Builder along the Bluffs, but I had to settle for Tower CK, which wasn't all that bad.

Date: 10/16/18 16:47
Re: Sunny Tuesday Variety

CP hotshot 198 was up next as the CP 8769 rolls into Minnesota City along the muted colors of the mid-Fall season. I headed back to La Crosse and home for a quick lunch then back track-side for the BNSF 7602 and friends with a eastbound grain load. In the bottom image you see the flag on Grandad's Bluff standing straight out as there was a hefty west wind blowing.

Date: 10/16/18 16:50

Saving the best for last was the CP 5878 - 6018 leading a CP Welded Rail train, shown curving into Dakota MN on a beautiful Tuesday afternoon and again as the train passed the Lock and Dam just north of La Crescent MN.

Date: 10/16/18 16:54
Author: Ritzville

Very NICE series Jim! Looks like you had a fun day in the sun.

Larry

Date: 10/17/18 05:55
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0367 seconds