Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Pacific Sun Railroad

Date: 10/16/18 18:46
Pacific Sun Railroad
Author: coast_to_coast

Talk of the unlikely Carrizo Gorge reopening got me thinking about the neat little PSRR.

Based out of Stuart Mesa Yard in Oceanside where they interchange with BNSF, they run trains late night along the 21-mile Escondido line, the Miramar spur, as well as north up the Surf Line from Stuart Mesa north to San Onofre.

As I remember it from around 6 years ago, they alternate between Escondido on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and Miramar on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

On the Escondido line they run after the last Sprinter commuter of the night, around 9:30 Sunday - Thursday and 12:30am Friday and Saturday, returning early morning.

Anyone know if this is still accurate?

Thanks!

Date: 10/16/18 21:33
Re: Pacific Sun Railroad
Author: Coaster3001

They usually run to Miramar Monday and Wednesday nights, and they can leave as early at 7:30 pm for the run to Miramar. Escondido run is Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights, leave after the last Sprinter at 9:30 pm. And they usually don't run Friday and Saturday unless there is extra work that needs to be done. 

Date: 10/17/18 10:34
Author: retnkxe9

The wife and I always have Tuesday breakfest on tuesdays , at "The Miramar Cafe": Thanks for the information on the PSR. I wondered when they ran.  Now, I'll know to go on mondays or Wednesdays I only  live about 11 miles away.   
I have some photos of 4449 pulling the Freedom train onto the Miramar Naval Airstation (Yeah, thats the one from the movie "Top Gun").  

John Tilton
Poway Ca

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/18 10:36 by retnkxe9.

Date: 10/17/18 11:58
Author: callum_out

What traffic is still left on the Escondido line?

Out

Date: 10/17/18 15:10
Author: PHall

Still have some feed mills. Those pet horses gotta eat!

Date: 10/17/18 23:55
Author: MyfordBrowning

I think that there is only one feed mill at Escondido still in operation on the branch. A lumber yard is another customer.

cliff

Date: 10/18/18 09:11
Author: callum_out

Thanks guys, I Google Mapped the line the other day, don't like doing it because so much of their photography is
outdated but I did notice the one feed mill and the lumber yard. Def a far cry from what I remember as a kid down
there, times do change. Their used to be a plastic offload in San Marcos, didn't see it on the overheads. The operation
now is starting to resemble SMART.

Out

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0303 seconds