Home Open Account Help 270 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > PNWR Questions

Date: 10/17/18 00:12
PNWR Questions
Author: coast_to_coast

The Portland and Western have a pretty impressive network of tracks and trains I’m trying to wrap my head around. Two separate north-south mainlines plus occasional runs on UP as necessary. Albany alone has two separate yards, the ex-SP yard downtown and the ex-BN yard north of town. I’m curious which yards originate which trains. I would guess the Eugene Hauler is built in the SP yard when it’s short enough, otherwise it’s built at Ashahr in Corvallis. Also guessing the 663 / 664 work out of the ex-BN yard.

As for the Toledo Hauler and the Westsider I have no idea. Are there any trains at all aside from the Toledo Hauler that run on weekends?

Any insight about any of their bases (Eugene, Tigard, St. Helens. etc) would be greatly appreciated.

Date: 10/17/18 15:42
Re: PNWR Questions
Author: OregonOldGuy

coast_to_coast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Portland and Western have a pretty impressive
> network of tracks and trains I’m trying to wrap
> my head around. Two separate north-south mainlines
> plus occasional runs on UP as necessary. Albany
> alone has two separate yards, the ex-SP yard
> downtown and the ex-BN yard north of town. I’m
> curious which yards originate which trains. I
> would guess the Eugene Hauler is built in the SP
> yard when it’s short enough, otherwise it’s
> built at Ashahr in Corvallis. Also guessing the
> 663 / 664 work out of the ex-BN yard.
>
> As for the Toledo Hauler and the Westsider I have
> no idea. Are there any trains at all aside from
> the Toledo Hauler that run on weekends?
>
> Any insight about any of their bases (Eugene,
> Tigard, St. Helens. etc) would be greatly
> appreciated.

The Toledo Hauler works out of the UP/SP yard, while the Westsider comes out of McMinnville and works to the same yard, then back.  The Westsider is 5 days a week, but can finish Saturday morning nearing McMinnville.

Eugene originates the American Turn and the Albany Hauler, mostly M-F

Tigard originates the 663 west to Albany, and 664 east to Vancouver, usually via Beburg for a turn around.  Occasionally runs over Cornelius Pass.  Tigard also originates the
Harbor Turn over CP and the OE Express to Albany.  Both work the OE (BN) line.  And, the night local to Albina Yard on the UP, as well as the Hillsboro Local that goes to Stimson via Hillsboro., with side runs to Banks.  May also run out the West side line to a customer just shy of Sherwood.

St Helens if base of a day and night Wauna crews.  Normally, the day goes east to Harbor siding and back.  Most times lately they come back and may go as far as Rainier (Avon Yard).  The night crew usually starts in SH and goes to Rainier, switches and comes back.  They go farther to Wauna a couple nights a week.

Rob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0326 seconds