Home Open Account Help 248 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Hanging Around Louisville

Date: 11/18/18 13:57
Hanging Around Louisville
Author: twjurgens

.........Nebraska that is!

We'd heard from binder001 that an empty coal train might be moved from Louisville to Union sometime Friday.  So, on our way up to Omaha, we headed over to Louisville to join him in the chase. While we were there visiting with him, there were a couple of trains on the BNSF.  First, 5673 and 9798 were headed east with a coal load, 9352 was dpu.  Then, 9183 and 9166 with 9050 as dpu came along with another load.

(more)  

Date: 11/18/18 14:01
Re: Hanging Around Louisville

BNSF 3131 and 2625 had been switching in the Ash Grove cement plant there and had been held for the two loads to clear.  Once that happened, they were on there way! We had hoped that once 3131 and 2625 departed, the coal empties yet in the plant could be picked up and that train could leave.  No such luck!  We later found out that there were still loads to be emptied;. We did find UP 8391, 6635, and 7887 parked with a few empties at the first mile road south of Louisville in good light so we burned a few pixels there. We felt lucky to find this in a scenic location in good light!

Date: 11/18/18 15:13
Author: bmarti7

Nice coverage Tom on a beautiful Nebraska day. I appreciate your regular posts and glad I don’t have to put up with all the junk ads and “do you know?” on FB. Nor am I concerned about my information being hacked on TO (happened to me on FB) nor having a con artist posing as a former co-worker, asking for help. (Happened to me on FB)(See post below)

BB

Date: 11/18/18 15:15
Author: King_Coal

You are doing well on the UP in Louisville. I don't think I've ever seen a UP train on that end of the branch. Thanks for sharing.

Date: 11/18/18 15:40
Author: callum_out

Be glad you caught this stuff on Friday, watched the game yesterday and the weather was white and falling!
Amem on the UP movements, I was in the plant and working when they'd hit so missed any shots.

Out

Date: 11/18/18 17:54

Thanks!  It was a great day.....especially compared to yesterday with wind and a couple inches of 30%!  The only redeeming thing was that Nebraska got a victory over Michigan State.

I've still got a Facebook account but go only to some rail related pages and history pages.  The rest of it has become a real cesspool of half baked crap and personal things that shouldn't be shared.  No problems with hacking so far though.

bmarti7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice coverage Tom on a beautiful Nebraska day. I
> appreciate your regular posts and glad I don’t
> have to put up with all the junk ads and “do you
> know?” on FB. Nor am I concerned about my
> information being hacked on TO (happened to me on
> FB) nor having a con artist posing as a former
> co-worker, asking for help. (Happened to me on
> FB)(See post below)
>
> BB

Date: 11/18/18 17:57

I've heard that the empties will be picked up tomorrow and the train will go to Union.  Friday WAS a good day to be out!

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Be glad you caught this stuff on Friday, watched
> the game yesterday and the weather was white and
> falling!
> Amem on the UP movements, I was in the plant and
> working when they'd hit so missed any shots.
>
> Out

Date: 11/18/18 19:18
Author: SCKP187

Nice catches Tom.  I really like the different shots youget on the branch from Union.
Brian Stevens

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0668 seconds