Home Open Account Help 241 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Warm Wednesday

Date: 11/18/18 18:12
Warm Wednesday
Author: twjurgens

A former co-worker and I went out for a few hours last Wednesday.  He hadn't railfanned at Pleasant Dale and wanted to try that so we went there first.  Here's a few shots from that day.

One of the trains we saw was a coal empty powered by BNSF 6016, 8957, 9591, and CREX 1405.  DPU was 8996 (no shot attached).  The overpass just west of Pleasant Dale is always a good location for watching trains.
The GE's in the Heritage I paint scheme are showing up around here a little more often these days.  On the way back to Lincoln we got shots of 6949 and 1001 (in Heritage I paint) at Emerald and again at Plamor.

(more)

Date: 11/18/18 18:15
Re: Warm Wednesday

The first shot here is of 6949 and 1001 at Plamor, between Lincoln and Emerald.

Also got shots of UP's Lincoln local (hadn't seen that one for a while).  Power was UP 2418 and 1711.

It was good to be out to enjoy the great Nebraska weather (not to be confused with the not so great Nebraska weather of yesterday)!

Date: 11/19/18 06:25
Author: GBW309

Great lighting on #1 & #2  

Do you know why the track has the offset in those images, closer to the bridge?

Dave

Date: 11/19/18 12:42

Sorry but I don't know what that's about.  The bridge carries a State highway over the railroad. 

GBW309 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great lighting on #1 & #2  
>
> Do you know why the track has the offset in those
> images, closer to the bridge?
>
> Dave

Date: 11/19/18 13:23
Author: santafe199

Well now... It looks like that overpass shot at Pleasant Dale is still er... umm.... Pleasant! :^)

Willie W

Date: 11/19/18 13:24
Author: Gonut1

It looks like in the past few years the railroad extended the double track. The offset was the location of a former switch. You can see this on Googlemaps along with the roadbed being prepared for the new second track north of the former single track.
Go

Date: 11/19/18 13:29
Author: King_Coal

That Pleasant Dale shot has opened up nicely with the second main. Been about 2 years since I was down there. BNSF always looks busy east of Lincoln, so hopefully the same is true west.

Thanks for sharing.

Date: 11/19/18 16:28

The most recent double track extension was completed about 2 years ago.  Until that was completed, there was a switch where the signals in the view are (see attached photos).  Maybe what we see in the distance was the sight of a switch several years ago?

Gonut1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It looks like in the past few years the railroad
> extended the double track. The offset was the
> location of a former switch. You can see this on
> Googlemaps along with the roadbed being prepared
> for the new second track north of the former
> single track.
> Go

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0393 seconds