Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More George Bush campaign train video

Date: 12/02/18 11:26
More George Bush campaign train video
Author: webmaster

Campaigning in Ohio 1992.  This is from the CSPAN archive.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/02/18 11:41
Re: More George Bush campaign train video

Here is another whitehouse press corp video from CSPAN

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Date: 12/02/18 12:06

Another clip from Michigan

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Date: 12/02/18 12:15
Author: Bob3985

Those videos are great coverage of what it is like in the hectic life of a White House press corps reporter and their teams.
In the first video behind the drum line I saw the Selma. That was UP's corporate Chairman's car and the train was interspersed with plenty of UP equipment along with those from CSX. At one point I heard a reporter mention the "Portland Rose" which was one of the 48 seat chair cars.
It is a sad moment to realize we are losing the last president who served in WWII. All of my relatives served in some capacity or another. Mom even worked in an aircraft plant building target drones for the pilots to practice on. In fact I still have one of the wooden propellers she machined.The rest served in the Army,Navy and Marines. Even Grandpa served in the US Army Militia as a gate guard at the Texaco refinery in my home town.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 12/02/18 12:29
Author: Bob3985

Your last video reminded me of the modifications to the chair car for the press communications car with the satellite antennas. If that coach didn't look sci fy I don't know what else would.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 12/02/18 13:10
Author: dan

think they modified the 5015 or a diner lounge for this from other clips

Date: 12/03/18 06:01
Author: bert14

Here is a better four minute clip from the actual train. I got this message this very morning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtMBR9hm3YQ
James Carte: "My Dad, David E. Carte was the engineer for the train as it left Columbus, Ohio on September 26, 1992. He worked as an engineer for CSX out of the Parsons Yard in Columbus and was a road engineer who drove trains to Walbridge, OH and back to Columbus, OH. At the time, he told me that this was an honor. In later years, after he retired, he talked about it often and said that this was the highlight of his career."
Great humor at 1:30ish...Bush responds to kid giving him thumbs down jesture by telling him "Don't get a flat fella"
It is a utube, look for it. 
DougO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/18 06:03 by bert14.

Date: 12/06/18 01:46
Author: ClubCar

What a great video of history.  President Bush was a great person, may his soul rest in peace with Our Lord.  The video shows a beautiful train, when CSX was still a great railroad, one that ordinary shareholders were pleased with, before the goof ball "Precision Railroad" got in charge.  I loved those passenger cars in the Blue and Gray scheme and of course the Union Pacific cars looked as attractive as ever.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 12/06/18 21:06
Author: IC_2024

Bob3985 Wrote:
---
> It is a sad moment to realize we are losing the
> last president who served in WWII. All of my
> relatives served in some capacity or another. Mom
> even worked in an aircraft plant building target
> drones for the pilots to practice on. In fact I
> still have one of the wooden propellers she
> machined.The rest served in the Army,Navy and
> Marines. Even Grandpa served in the US Army
> Militia as a gate guard at the Texaco refinery in
> my home town.

Bob, you’re absolutely correct, here. I felt very sad today watching the train and thinking about my dad— W Donald Jones, PFC, USMC —who also served in WWII. His platoon landed on Iwo Jima and 70% of them were killed... My dad served as radar/radio man so was not on the beach landing, but he shared the picture of his platoon, felt intense survivor guilt and would tell me stories of his brave fellow marines who were mowed down there.
In 1995, I rode a special UP train with him and other WWII veterans from Kearney to OMA to commemorate the 50th anniversary of V-J day. It was perhaps my all-time favorite train trip and i’ve been on hundreds of them... UP really treated all of those WWII veterans and their families like royalty — an amazing day.
So, like you, I felt very connected to this funeral and how almost all WWII veterans have passed on now. God bless George H W Bush, his family and all the WWII veterans.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0589 seconds