Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Closing the Year on Tehachapi

Date: 12/30/18 21:58
Closing the Year on Tehachapi
Author: bowtie

My brother James, friend Stephen, and I took to the hill for a few days to close out the year.  As always the Tehachapi area did not disappoint in beauty nor volume of trains.  Other than the usual lull during the lunch hour, trains passed by with great frequency - some of which are documented here.

1) UP 2002, the Salt Lake Olympic unit, trails on a Southbound stack train at Caliente

2) Same train, just up the railroad at Bealville.  The lighting fell just right to capture the head end with beautiful rolling hills in the background.  I hope the green sticks around - it really does make a huge difference in images (and while viewing in person, of course)

3) A UP stack train tackles the loop.  The setting sun adds a lovely dusky glow to the whole area.  This image was captured just a few steps up the hill from the Loop Overlook monument

a video to follow...

Martin Caestecker
Orange, CA

Date: 12/30/18 22:04
Re: Closing the Year on Tehachapi
Author: bowtie

continued...

1) UP 2698 North leads an interesting manifest through Woodford.  A UP MOW water car and two box cars set out add to the character of this video.

Though windy at times with temperatures dipping into the 30s at night, we all had a great time.  The trains, the laughs, and the memories won't be ones soon forgotten.

Thanks for viewing,

Martin Caestecker
Orange, CA

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/31/18 02:07
Author: snoopy51

Wow  -  love this line ,I have made up game based on this line,
and the time period of 60/70 with as much update as I can find. loll
 its about 3 gig in size now, need  duel video cards now to handle the frame rate.
MSCPE & NET WORK SECURITY eng.

Date: 01/01/19 14:39
Author: brc600

Thanks for the video--love seeing mixed freights! I take it there are no concerns with GE emissions causing fires like there have been in the past?

bowtie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> continued...
>
> 1) UP 2698 North leads an interesting manifest
> through Woodford.  A UP MOW water car and two box
> cars set out add to the character of this video.
>
> Though windy at times with temperatures dipping
> into the 30s at night, we all had a great time. 
> The trains, the laughs, and the memories won't be
> ones soon forgotten.
>
> Thanks for viewing,

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0442 seconds