Home Open Account Help 209 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Golden...if but for a Moment!

Date: 01/07/19 20:35
Golden...if but for a Moment!
Author: funnelfan

H-NTWPAS charging off into the sunset near Keystone, WA. Blue skies have been a rare commodity in recent weeks, and I was chomping at the bit all the while filling a shuttle train with wheat from early morning into the afternoon. Low morning clouds broke up into a fantastically sunny afternoon. Finally freed of my duties by 2:30pm I raced home to grab the camera and then headed south into the wide open spaces beyond Sprague, WA. By the time I reached my intended destination at the bottom end of Sprague Lake, the sun was encroaching upon the horizon. Thankfully I was soon graced with the passing of two westbound trains chasing one another toward a growing entanglement of dead and dying crews jammed against that perpetual bottleneck known as Hatton Coulee. This lengthy manifest would be the last to enjoy the full brilliance of the sunlight for the day, for soon our favorite star would drown in a sea of haze and distant clouds.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 01/07/19 20:36
Re: Golden...if but for a Moment!
Author: 3rdswitch

Very nice.
JB

Date: 01/07/19 20:41
Author: bmarti7

Nice Ted.

BB

Date: 01/07/19 20:41
Author: docgrommesh

Fantastic!  For sure one of those "The best comes to those who wait" moments.

Doc

Date: 01/07/19 22:52
Author: Ritzville

Nice look Ted near Keystone!

Larry

Date: 01/08/19 02:53
Author: exhaustED

Great shot, nice going-away composition!

Date: 01/08/19 17:57
Author: ns1000

Nice pic!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds