Home Open Account Help 190 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > First trains of the year

Date: 01/08/19 11:28
First trains of the year
Author: CBRL

I have been quite busy but finally got a chance to get out, despite horrible weather.  On the 3rd, Amtrak 11 took too long to get to my location north of Eugene, OR so I did a 1/13" exposure in shot 1.  The second shot is a southbound loaded oil train highballing the south switch at Natron, south of Springfield, on the 6th.  There were two CP units up front and an NS ES40DC among the mid-train helpers (couldn't resist the WP buffer car on shot 3).   Thanks for the looks!

Tom Trent
Eugene, OR

Date: 01/08/19 12:28
Re: First trains of the year
Author: TCnR

Well, ok....mid-trains? When the loads go through Dunsmuir they have two DPUs on the rear, so where does that happen and where do the mid-train spacers go?

I see a lot of options, I presume something happens at KF. But with all those locomotives they could do it a number of different ways.
t4p.

Date: 01/08/19 12:37
Author: icancmp193

Never really thought about extra buffers for the mid-trains before.....

TJY

Date: 01/08/19 13:00
Author: CBRL

They cut mid-train helpers in at Eugene but don't know where they cut them out, likely KF.

Posted from Android

Tom Trent
Eugene, OR

Date: 01/08/19 15:59
Author: portlander

They're cut out at K-Falls. Just about every southbound train sets out power there.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0269 seconds