Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > "Best Of" Album...

Date: 01/10/19 11:19
"Best Of" Album...
Author: kg6nlw

Every year, for a few years now, I've complied a "BEST OF YEAR" album. 2018 is certainly no exception...The full album actually has more than just transit/railroad related items, but I only post here what is allowed. ;) This is going to be post 1 of 3.

Image 1) S.M.A.R.T. (Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit) is seen in February 2018 at the Petaluma Platform. Meanwhile an ElDorado National bus for Sonoma County Transit zips by.

Image 2) A PCC for MUNI lays over at the F Line terminus at the port.

Image 3) NVRR 5076 rests at Rutherford, CA., as guests enjoy some wine tasting across the highway.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank Christ
Cloverdale, CA
FranksRails Photography, LLC.

Date: 01/10/19 11:23
Re: "Best Of" Album...

Post 2 of 3 of the "BEST OF ALBUM"...

Image 1) S.M.A.R.T. (Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit) Train #4 races across Gallinas Creek in Terra Linda, CA. This is the ONLY 3 round trip train during the day at this point.

Image 2) A mid-day Surfliner lays over at the Santa Fe Depot in San Diego, CA.

Image 3) Two stackers meet at Traver, CA., in the heart of the Central Valley of California. This area is especially known for a GRAIN TRAIN and grain exports.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank Christ
Cloverdale, CA

Date: 01/10/19 11:29

Post 3 of 3 and the final set. I hope yall have enjoyed my 3 part series of the "BEST OF ALBUM" for 2018.

Image 1) S.M.A.R.T. (Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit) Train #2 rolls by Smith Ranch and towards San Rafael, CA., on its final "Southbound" (ESPEE West) trip of the day.

Image 2) Napa Valley Wine Train (NVRR) #73 rests in the sunset at Napa Depot.

Image 3) THE VERY LAST image in this series was actually taken in September, I tried to get everything in order but missed this one. This image is of the bridge just past Dubbers Spur on the old Carrizo Gorge (CZRY). Despite some belief, I was not hassled or bothered for the full 1.5 hours or so that I was out at Dubbers. The ex-METRA cars have been pushed back onto the spur and off the mainline switch.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank Christ
Cloverdale, CA

Date: 01/11/19 07:52
Author: ntharalson

Thanks for posting these.  

In picture #1, Great Job catching the destination signs.  These electronic signs cycle and often, a photo catches
them cycling so we don't get to see them.  (Can you tell I'm vitally interested in destination signs?)

In picture #2, is that the car painted for TCRT? (Twin Cities Rapid Transit?)  I had heard that SF MUNI was painting
cars to represent various transit systems including Toronto and I had yet to see the TCRT car.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/19 08:14 by ntharalson.

Date: 01/11/19 22:45
Author: wpamtk

Yes, that's the Twin Cities-painted car. If you go to the Market Street Railway website (www.streetcar.org), you can see drawings of all the paint schemes.

Date: 01/13/19 07:17

ntharalson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for posting these.  
>
> In picture #1, Great Job catching the destination
> signs.  These electronic signs cycle and often, a
> photo catches
> them cycling so we don't get to see them.  (Can
> you tell I'm vitally interested in destination
> signs?)

Nick,

You just have to set your timing for the photo just right in the cycle. I tend to capture the cycle 9 out of 10 times just right. Also yes that is the Minnieapolis-St. Louis paint scheme on PCC #1071. As was mentioned below, streetcar.org/streetcars will show you all the cars in their various paint schemes and whether or not they're operational. 

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank Christ
Cloverdale, CA

Date: 01/13/19 07:19

phthithu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Excellent set of shots Frank. That Rutherford one
> is my favorite. I also really like the one at
> Gallinas. 

Thanks! I found, little "known" secret, that NVRR 5076 seems to lay over at Rutherford in the mid-afternoon for a couple of hours...

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank Christ
Cloverdale, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.07 seconds