Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > FRC Appears Open

Date: 01/18/19 09:05
FRC Appears Open
Author: icancmp193

We have had 2 northbound Gateway Sub BNSF trains this morning, which means the southbound at Quarry Road by DaveL the other day must have gotten out of the way too.
So, the Feather River Canyon appears to be back in business!

TJY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/19 14:53 by icancmp193.

Date: 01/18/19 14:34
Re: FRC Appears Open
Author: SPbird

Was listening to the Chico scanner feed overnight. Around midnight I heard canyon sub DS talking to westbound ANPMI at Oroville that sat there for a while due to congestion at Binney and Roseville, think they barely made it on their hours.

Then about an hour later the DS spoke to W/B MNPRV coming up to Oroville, and was told to take the hole and tie down as they likely were not going to make it on their hours.

Immediately after that I could have swore he told an eastbound Gateway train to go up to Oroville also and tie down on the main, as there was some uncertainty in getting up the river at that time.

DS257 definitely had his hands full last night with Roseville clogged, crews dying on hours, track bulletins, and even mentioning the corridor manager coming to have a chat.

Valley Sub was busy enough last night as I counted 5 northbounds and 4 southbound here in Chico between 10pm and 4am, not including Amtrak.

-bird

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/19 14:36 by SPbird.

Date: 01/18/19 22:44
Re: FRC Appears Open
Author: mcfflyer

It was open this afternoon. Saw a westbound UP grain train around Virgilia. Only train seen all the way from Oroville past Spring Garden.

Lee Hower - Sacramento
(Between Blairsden and Portola for the long weekend)

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds