Home Open Account Help 226 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Where's Waldo?

Date: 02/05/19 18:56
Where's Waldo?
Author: BoilingMan

Waldo the West Bound.
SR

Date: 02/05/19 19:02
Re: Where's Waldo?
Author: 3rdswitch

Clever. Waldo is easy to spot, where's the wizard? Nice catch.
JB

Date: 02/05/19 20:17
Author: EsPee1229

Excellent!

Date: 02/05/19 21:11
Author: WoodrowStool

Very cool.  Question: do you ever get any fuss from the railroad taking your photos in the places you do or are you well know enough up there on the hill that that is not an issue?  You posted one recently that appeared you climbed up inside a snow shed near the roof to take the photo and I wondered how you do that without getting some stick from the railroad.

Date: 02/05/19 21:49

In the 80’s I was fairly familiar with the MoW guys in Colfax. I had the manager’s blessing to ride motor cars with the inspection crews etc. And I guess I was okay with the folks in Norden too, I would haunt the sheds year-round w/o any problem. But it was far friendlier back in the SP days, and if you displayed good “situational awareness” skills, you were okay.

Today it seems more a matter of not getting someone ELSE in trouble! For example: When I shoot MoW crews working I’ve even gone so far as showing the foreman my photos and invite him to look for violations (not having proper eye protection is a common one) I may have caught on film, and I delete them then & there so he’s reassured HE won’t get in trouble!
Out on the RoW I generally wave and make eye contact if possible. But I don’t know if they actually recognize me or not. I guess they don’t see me as someone they need to report.
SR

Yeah, that shed thing would probably have earned a report! But I was well hidden- pretty stealth on that one!

Date: 02/06/19 07:32
Author: Jimmies

That's a great picture!

Jim

Date: 02/06/19 12:08
Author: dmaffei

Would be interesting if Waldo took the original main around the tunnel....

Date: 02/06/19 12:12

dmaffei Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would be interesting if Waldo took the original
> main around the tunnel....

They’d
Be
Plow’n!

SR

Date: 02/06/19 17:47
Author: steamboat

don,t you know waldo is in Fla

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds