Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > alliance , NE cam

Date: 02/09/19 13:38
alliance , NE cam
Author: dan

Date: 02/09/19 14:28
Re: alliance , NE cam
Author: DKay

Very cool website.I am having withdrawals since the LaPlata cam crashed.
Regards,dK

Date: 02/09/19 15:12
Author: bmarti7

Nice reference. The last time I stayed in Alliance there was a cable channel with the BNSF crew call board.

BB

Date: 02/09/19 15:18
Author: DKay

Was looking at the Bridgeport,NE cam also.I went to google maps to see where the cam was located .Appears to be on a communications tower just out of town.In the middle left of the cam view ,you see a grain facility.Street view on g Maps indicates it was a roundhouse .Turntable,and operators shack sitting in the weeds just near the road.
Regards,dK

Date: 02/09/19 15:29

it is a cell phone company, forget the old name , bridgeport has the old roundhouse, the turntable has been moved a short distance, in a field near there , for sale maybe

lexington, usually is pointed towards the tracks, they move for weather and other things, broken bow  has a train now

akron, wray, lamar colo you can currently see amtraks

other good ones are offline  right now

cheyenne wells is pointed west now, which is new angle on the KP 

they all move around

other places  are yuma. la junta are off line now

alamosa shows the line to del norte

laramie cam is youtube now for free thru vr  and chamber of commerce

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/19 15:51 by dan.

Date: 02/09/19 15:33
Author: howeld

Alliance is a new location for this service. All cameras are located on the tops of cell towers. Lexington, NE usually looks at the UP triple track. About a dozen others have track views but Lexington and now Alliance are the best ones.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/09/19 17:04
Author: czephyr17

Great view! 

bmarti7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice reference. The last time I stayed in Alliance
> there was a cable channel with the BNSF crew call
> board.
>
> BB

When I lived in Alliance for a few months in 1977 as part of an engineering crew, the crew caller would come on the local AM radio station, KCOW, several times per day and read out the crew line-up.  It took about three minutes to list all the train and engine crews scheduled for all the trains headed in the three directions out of Alliance. Of course most of the trains were coal trains.  The crews were identified by number, not names.  I'll always remember just before the crew caller came on and after they were finished, the radio host would announce the sponsors of the crew line-up, including "Patrick's Liquor: Your're beer, wine and party place". 

Date: 02/09/19 18:17
Author: EmpireBuilder

I can see my Aunt's house from here !

Date: 02/10/19 12:57
Author: SD70M

looks like a line of stored SD70MACs

Date: 02/11/19 16:40

well they moved all the cameras to limit foam access for monday

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds