Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Chasing the UP IRILBX Siding Unstuffer from Rioco to Long Beach

Date: 02/09/19 22:54
Chasing the UP IRILBX Siding Unstuffer from Rioco to Long Beach
Author: erielackawanna

Since the opening of the Alameda Corridor, I've shot locals and platform repos on the old UP San Pedro Sub, but until Jan 26 of this year, I had not shot an actual stack. A friend alerted me that an IRILBX was running from the siding at Rioco to Long Beach. With one shot possible, we set up along the wash near North Long Beach, but the train actually had to wait for clearance, so we got a second shot at Carson Street.

Images one and two are on the east side of the LA River.

Image three is on the west side of the LA River.

Date: 02/09/19 22:54
Re: Chasing the UP IRILBX Siding Unstuffer from Rioco to Long Bea
Author: erielackawanna

Image four is a second view at Carson St.

Date: 02/10/19 05:14
Author: bobk

Nice shots!

Date: 02/10/19 05:41
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice catches! I can't believe how big the trees have gotten looking north from Carson Street!
JB

Date: 02/10/19 09:47
Author: Fredo

That was the first thing I thought when I saw the Carson photo. I spent a lot of "Quality Time" on the San Pedro Branch until the UP implmented the hub and merged the UP & SP employees in Jan 2000.At that time I started working out of SP West Colton.That 19 years of tree growing at Carson ago.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.03 seconds