Home Open Account Help 247 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Port of Oakland Showers

Date: 02/10/19 00:42
Port of Oakland Showers
Author: phthithu

Some really nice showers at the Port of Oakland and elsewhere today including some sudden torrential downpours. Fun time to drive around looking for trains. Caught a couple Capitol Corridors as dusk fell upon the Bay Area and then found a BNSF stack train rolling into the yard at the Port. 

Date: 02/10/19 00:45
Re: Port of Oakland Showers

Here I am up in the parking garage above Yoshi's Oakland. Don't quite have a wide enough lens for this vantage point. Third pic is a crane unloading the containers that arrived earlier in the evening. 

Date: 02/10/19 00:47

Here's a reefer industry alongside the UP yard. Then a BNSF baretables move which I followed up to Emeryville In the distance another Cap Corridor approaching the station. 

Date: 02/10/19 00:48

Train time at Emeryville, where it's always train time. Finally, the baretables heading east. Beautiful winter weather along the San Francisco Bay. It was pretty cold, too: 49 degrees! Ha ha ha. 

Date: 02/10/19 05:17
Author: bobk

Great shots!

Date: 02/10/19 06:55
Author: alamedafrank

Great pictures, I retired in 2010 and it brings back many memories around Oakland; it also makes me thankful that the damn phone is not going to ring to call me to work. Sometimes it was OK but  3am anywhere is a bad place to work. Frank

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/19 06:57 by alamedafrank.

Date: 02/10/19 13:35
Author: ns1000

Thanks for the night pics...

Date: 02/10/19 21:03
Author: AlcoRSD15

Outstanding night shots, as usual! Love your photos.
-Eric B.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/12/19 07:30
Author: atsf121

Such awesome mood shots, dark plus rain and you captured it perfectly.  Makes me a little homesick, especially after having to shovel snow yesterday.  

Nathan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0398 seconds