Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Day Bud Mystery in North Hollywood

Date: 02/10/19 15:01
Day Bud Mystery in North Hollywood
Author: erielackawanna

Friend and I heard the Day Bud (LOF41) requesting permission from Metrolink to take Main Two in order to get to the "Wax Place" in North Hollywood. Having never seen them switch that place, and actually not even being sure where it was, we headed for what we knew would be a lit shot of them coming back near Coldwater Canyon (just the loveliest of lovely neighborhoods over there). Now, when they left Gemco they had two Geeps and a couple tanks cars. When they came back they had four Geeps. Why the other two Geeps (which I guess were the power for the Night Bud and Saugus jobs) were at the "Wax Place," we may never know (unless someone who knows pipes in).

Date: 02/10/19 16:32
Re: Day Bud Mystery in North Hollywood
Author: CT97

Maybe the other Geeps got a Wax job "Under The Hood" Which Wax Places are Known to do,,We May Never Know.

Date: 02/10/19 16:54
Author: railstiesballast

Only in California or Florida are you going to see a cell phone tower like that.

Date: 02/10/19 16:56
Author: Milwaukee

Nice to see all of the former SP power still in their old stomping grounds.   

Date: 02/10/19 17:12
Author: callum_out

We have lots of those cell towers in Arizona, couple looking like pines as a matter of fact.

Out

Date: 02/10/19 18:21
Author: ironmtn

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We have lots of those cell towers in Arizona,
> couple looking like pines as a matter of fact.
>
> Out

Even in places in the Midwest, too. There is one I have seen in suburban St. Louis, in booming St. Charles County, that looks like a coast redwood tree! It caught my eye immediately when I saw it -- I've spent a lot of time in the real coast redwoods in northern California, and knew what they looked like by sight. I also knew that the kind of cool. damp and foggy climate they need was NOT compatible with summertime St. Louis heat and humidity. "How in the world did THAT get there?", I asked my sister, who lives in the neighborhood. "It's a cell tower", she told me. Have to admit, it was pretty well disguised. Sure fooled me.

MC
Muskegon, Michigan

Date: 02/10/19 19:57
Author: PHall

Churches are real popular places for cell towers. Add a fibreglas cross bar and the cell tower becomes a cross.
They also like the monthy rent payment too!

Date: 02/12/19 00:49
Author: MP184

Nice shot.
The "cell" palm looks much healthier than the real palm to the left.

Date: 02/12/19 04:46
Author: SanJoaquinEngr

erielackawanna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Friend and I heard the Day Bud (LOF41) requesting
> permission from Metrolink to take Main Two in
> order to get to the "Wax Place" in North
> Hollywood. Having never seen them switch that
> place, and actually not even being sure where it
> was, we headed for what we knew would be a lit
> shot of them coming back near Coldwater Canyon
> (just the loveliest of lovely neighborhoods over
> there). Now, when they left Gemco they had two
> Geeps and a couple tanks cars. When they came back
> they had four Geeps. Why the other two Geeps
> (which I guess were the power for the Night Bud
> and Saugus jobs) were at the "Wax Place," we may
> never know (unless someone who knows pipes in).
>
>  
I worked at Gemco for years and switched the wax place. The location is off of the old single main track at Hewitt. Since the addition of the second main line is off of the number 2 track. The tank car is spotted on the the old teamtrack. My guess with the power addition was maybe one of the jobs died on the law and the Day Bud job went to Hewitt to retrieve it.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0701 seconds