Home Open Account Help 277 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Snowy morning at Christopher, WA

Date: 02/11/19 16:20
Snowy morning at Christopher, WA
Author: BrianA

Not much located at Christopher but a few old buildings on BNSF's ex-NP main line between Seattle and Portland, OR.  Christopher is actually between the towns of Kent and Auburn in the Green River Valley.  Yesterday  2-10-19 saw a bit of sunshine for a change so down south I went ending up at Christopher.  BNSF ran a southbound Crew 2 and Amtrak a northbound Cascades Talgo before the clouds rolled in..

1)  BNSF Crew 2 with BNSF 2541/1734 ramble towards Tacoma, WA as clouds to the north are moving in.  Snow would be falling within 4 hours.

2-3)  A short while later AMTK 506 brings Amtrak Cascades train #502 north towards Seattle.  NPCU 90252 is at the rear of the train with the snow swirling!

Brian Ambrose
Renton, WA

Date: 02/11/19 16:43
Re: Snowy morning at Christopher, WA
Author: stevelv

You hit the trifecta on number 1.  Snow, nice light and nice power.  Thanks for sharing.

Date: 02/11/19 16:47
Author: Ritzville

Nice catches in that ray of sunlight Brian!

Larry

Date: 02/11/19 21:51
Author: kcmbha

Christopher Wa. Thats the first time I have heard Christopher mentioned 

Date: 02/11/19 23:12
Author: BrianA

From the NP Place Names Department: Christopher, King County, WashingtonThe citizens of this vicinity in 1877 named this town in honor of Thomas Christopher, a pioneer. The Northern Pacific acquired [the] right-of-way from him. Meany.

Located at MP 19.6X is 19.6 miles south of Seattle.  Not much of a town left.  A few old buildings and that's pretty much it.

Brian 

kcmbha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Christopher Wa. Thats the first time I have heard
> Christopher mentioned 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0297 seconds