Home Open Account Help 247 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP 6367 Ex SP leads a Empty Grainer up Donner Pass!!!


Date: 03/10/19 21:31
UP 6367 Ex SP leads a Empty Grainer up Donner Pass!!!
Author: Skygevo

Photo's 1 and 2 Colfax,CA








Date: 03/10/19 21:50
Re: UP 6367 Ex SP leads a Empty Grainer up Donner Pass!!!
Author: Skygevo

Photo 4 and 5  UP 6367 East at Gold Run 

And Video From Gold Run



You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!




Date: 03/10/19 22:54
Re: UP 6367 Ex SP leads a Empty Grainer up Donner Pass!!!
Author: Skygevo

Photos 5 and 6 from Baxter at Casa Loma Road 

Video From Casa Loma Road Baxter 



You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!




Date: 03/11/19 02:37
Re: UP 6367 Ex SP leads a Empty Grainer up Donner Pass!!!
Author: zfan

Wonderful!!



Date: 03/11/19 04:22
Re: UP 6367 Ex SP leads a Empty Grainer up Donner Pass!!!
Author: BoilingMan

Ha! I saw that go by the house and I considered taking chase, but on second thought figured, “I’ll bet that Skygevo guy is already on it”, and let it go.
SR



Date: 03/11/19 06:46
Re: UP 6367 Ex SP leads a Empty Grainer up Donner Pass!!!
Author: GP30Frank

I wonder how that unit has escaped the paint shop , after all this time ?



Date: 03/11/19 06:49
Re: UP 6367 Ex SP leads a Empty Grainer up Donner Pass!!!
Author: SCKP187

Nice videos.  Good to see SP paint.
Brian Stevens



Date: 03/11/19 09:22
Re: UP 6367 Ex SP leads a Empty Grainer up Donner Pass!!!
Author: ble692

GP30Frank Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder how that unit has escaped the paint shop , after all this time ?

PSR

They were painting hot and heavy until the PSR came along and just slaughtered the budgets on everything. Now it likely won't see paint until it is overhauled. There are 22 ex-SP/SSW units still out there in gray and red.

Catching an ex-SP unit, repainted or not, on the point of a grain train over Donner is unusal. The vast majority of the trains are heading towards Nebraska, Iowa, and Minnesota via the UP's Overland Route. This requires cab signals east of Ogden, which is something the ex-SP units do not have. This particular train, however, is heading for the former DRGW over the Rockies and then to the former KP trackage across Colorado and Kansas before eventually ended up in Oklahoma.



Date: 03/11/19 11:39
Re: UP 6367 Ex SP leads a Empty Grainer up Donner Pass!!!
Author: donner_dude1

I'm a big SP fan but with how nasty the front of that thing looks I'd rather see it in new UP Yellow.  



Date: 03/11/19 17:06
Re: UP 6367 Ex SP leads a Empty Grainer up Donner Pass!!!
Author: SP8595

Great catch!



Date: 03/11/19 21:18
Re: UP 6367 Ex SP leads a Empty Grainer up Donner Pass!!!
Author: TopCat

SCKP187 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice videos.  Good to see SP paint.
> Brian Stevens

And the flashing ditch lights.  I believe none of the delievered UP units have this function but SP 100-378 and SP 8100-8200 which became various UP #'s were delivered with them.  Curious how many of them still have that option.

Top Cat



Date: 03/11/19 22:11
Re: UP 6367 Ex SP leads a Empty Grainer up Donner Pass!!!
Author: ble692

TopCat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And the flashing ditch lights.  I believe none of the delievered UP units have this function but SP
> 100-378 and SP 8100-8200 which became various UP #'s were delivered with them.  Curious how many
> of them still have that option.

I'm not aware of the UP ever removing that feature on any of the ex-SP units that were equipped with it.



Date: 03/12/19 14:16
Re: UP 6367 Ex SP leads a Empty Grainer up Donner Pass!!!
Author: PeaBock619

UP said they were going to have all their prodecesser’s locos painted up by the summer of last year. With PSR coming along, the CNW, SP, and SSW locos that are remaining won’t see paint for a while
ble692 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GP30Frank Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I wonder how that unit has escaped the paint
> shop , after all this time ?
>
> PSR
>
> They were painting hot and heavy until the PSR
> came along and just slaughtered the budgets on
> everything. Now it likely won't see paint until it
> is overhauled. There are 22 ex-SP/SSW units still
> out there in gray and red.
>
> Catching an ex-SP unit, repainted or not, on the
> point of a grain train over Donner is unusal. The
> vast majority of the trains are heading towards
> Nebraska, Iowa, and Minnesota via the UP's
> Overland Route. This requires cab signals east of
> Ogden, which is something the ex-SP units do not
> have. This particular train, however, is heading
> for the former DRGW over the Rockies and then to
> the former KP trackage across Colorado and Kansas
> before eventually ended up in Oklahoma.

Posted from iPhone



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0469 seconds