Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Gateway Sub/Oregon Trunk Heads Up

Date: 03/13/19 16:54
Gateway Sub/Oregon Trunk Heads Up
Author: icancmp193

Just had a nb freight (1650 hours) past MP 193 in suburban Crescent Mills CA on the BNSF Gateway Sub and in addition to the CP unit (2nd) and CSX unit (3rd) in the consist, the 5th unit apeared to be a Southwestern Railway SD40-2 in Blue.

TJY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/19 16:54 by icancmp193.

Date: 03/13/19 23:03
Re: Gateway Sub/Oregon Trunk Heads Up
Author: TCnR

Anyone know where the rotary plow went to?

The last I heard it was left at Lodgepole, they've had the Jordan Spreader running back and forth as well, it seems to tie up at Lodgepole. Just in case anybody is visiting the A21 short cut was not plowed as of Saturday. Not sure if they leave it as is all winter or how they go about that.

Date: 03/14/19 06:40
Author: icancmp193

TCnR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone know where the rotary plow went to?
>
> The last I heard it was left at Lodgepole, they've
> had the Jordan Spreader running back and forth as
> well, it seems to tie up at Lodgepole. Just in
> case anybody is visiting the A21 short cut was not
> plowed as of Saturday. Not sure if they leave it
> as is all winter or how they go about that.

The A21 used to be open all winter, but was extremely treacherous and super-slick. I can recall helping to get folks out of a ditch on one occasion. The last time I went up that way I noticed they have gates at the ends, so perhaps it is now closed in winter.

TJY

Date: 03/15/19 11:08
Author: Graybeard1942

I have had a few adventures in the winter going across parts of A21 that don't get sunlight.  More fun than an ice rink on sneakers.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0284 seconds