Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Reflecting on the passing of Charlie Mutschler

Date: 03/13/19 21:36
Reflecting on the passing of Charlie Mutschler
Author: funnelfan

Having had a couple days to reflect on the events of this weekend, Charlie's last day on earth was a great one for him. Between the dinners on Saturday and Sunday and the Train Show, he visited with many of his old friends and met several new ones. Every point I saw him over the weekend he was very happy and joyful, discussing all his favorite railroad subjects. He also had the respect and admiration of so many hundreds of people in both the railfan and university circles, and the outpouring of that love has been so readily apparent over the past few days. We should all be so lucky to spend our final hours upon this earthly world in such a fashion.
I can only come to the conclusion that our heavenly father had decided that Charlie had spread enough wisdom, energy and love throughout this world and had important business for Charlie to attend to in the next. The lord only knows just how important a skilled archivist is to that ultimate library that records all there is to know in the universe. I'm sure our dear friend will be lending his expertise to that great institution, and catching up with those friends that have gone before him.

Memorial service for Charlie Mutschler will be held at Emmanuel Lutheran Church, 639 Elm Street, in Cheney, 1 p.m. Friday, March 15th. A reception and light refreshments to follow.  Eastern Washington University is holding a memorial service at 10 a.m. on Saturday, March 23 at Showalter Auditorium (second floor). There is no charge for parking at meters and lots on this day.

Godspeed Charlie, and may that express steam train to heaven have nothing but clear track and roll upon narrow gauge rails

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 03/13/19 22:26
Re: Reflecting on the passing of Charlie Mutschler
Author: dan

At least you guys had some fun, that's great, have some good times while you are here!

Date: 03/13/19 22:54
Author: steeplecab

This is the first I've heard of this and I am absolutely stunned. I had the chance to chat with Charlie on Sunday at the show and introduce my wife to him. In a great twist of irony, we even talked about the future and how life changes our priorities. I am deeply saddened to hear of Charlie's passing and wish to extend my sincere sympathies to Charlie's family. This news will take a while to absorb. He will certainly be missed!

Dan Stinson
Helena

Date: 03/13/19 23:04
Author: funnelfan

Dan, indeed it was a shock to us all, and he will be greatly missed by so many. Charlie was involved in a serious vehicle accident on Sunday and essentially died on impact. I had another post on Monday about it. All the local TV and Newspapers have been reporting on his passing as well.

> This is the first I've heard of this and I am
> absolutely stunned....
>
> Dan Stinson
> Helena

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 03/14/19 04:37
Author: lilwes

Amen

Wes Chiles
Topeka, KS

Date: 03/14/19 05:10
Author: robj

Nice Tribute, Thank You.

Bob Jordan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0548 seconds