Home Open Account Help 239 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > KP Detours?

Date: 03/21/19 16:58
KP Detours?
Author: texchief1

Is the KP getting a lot of detours because of the flooding in Nebraska?

Thanks for a reply.

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 03/21/19 18:25
Re: KP Detours?
Author: cvrhoghead

If there is, I am not seeing or hearing any thing.  seams like I hear the normal in the evening, or even less lately.  I am wondering if they might be doing track work some were, I see or hear very few during the day-----when I am around.

Date: 03/21/19 18:58
Author: SCKP187

The KP really should be the re-route safety valve during these times, but the fact is the boards are cut so lean there probably isn't enough qualified crews to handle the traffic.
Signals have been removed on the west end of the KP for many years except for some island sidings----train order as well as track warrant systems always seemed easy to understand for me but it just seems like today's dispatching systems do all they can to avoid busy railroading in this environment.
Brian Stevens

Date: 03/21/19 19:15
Author: Milw_E70

MNPNL 20 and MNPFW 20 are the only oddities showing on the Salina lineup right now.

Date: 03/22/19 13:05
Author: mpe383

They need to do something.  They are running out of room between Kansas City and Topeka to park trains!  I counted 15 of them this afternoon sitting between KC and Topeka on the UP!  With the line through Atchison under water directional running between KC and Marysville is out the window too.

Date: 03/22/19 15:57
Author: SP8595

This is perfect for the UP! Now they can just blame the cruddy service and mess that is PSR on all of the flooding.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0318 seconds