Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Orange Empire Railway Museum Last Month

Date: 04/03/19 19:13
Orange Empire Railway Museum Last Month
Author: cchan006

I attended the Spring Swap Meet at the Orange Empire Railway Museum last month. I had several things I could have bought, but stuck to just one model railroad item, since I had limited luggage space and worried about TSA, due to flying in and out of Ontario.

FYI, I placed my model railroad item outside my bag and placed it in the tray next to my electronics. When the TSA agent saw that on the X-Ray, he smiled, and showed his trainees what it was ("THIS is a model train!") and he thanked me for doing that to save time from an unnecessary bag search.

This visit reminded me of my first visit to the museum almost 15 years ago, in September of 2004. Back then, OERM ran the Pacific Electric "Blimp" #418 and Santa Fe FP45 #98, and the same two* ran during the swap meet. I didn't carry my video camera in 2004, but did have an Olympus digital camera. I didn't post this report right away, since I had to dig that camera out of the closet and find the snapshot I took.

I documented the FP45 before the repaint and restoration, back in 2011:

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,2467854

That's it for the quick but belated report!

*FP45 has been renumbered to its original, #108.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/04/19 00:18
Re: Orange Empire Railway Museum Last Month
Author: Mr-Beechcroft

Nothing but praise for the museum for restoring this priceless piece of history.

Adam

Date: 04/04/19 00:29
Author: UP951West

Thank you for sharing your video .
It was a joy to see a perfectly restored ATSF FP45 complete with working Mars signal light as well as a PE red car. I wish I lived closer. --Kelly

Date: 04/04/19 07:57
Author: spdaylight

After seeing this repaint, there was in my opinion a second reiteration of the 'glory days' of the Santa Fe . . . just wished I lived in an area back then with the red and silve and blue and yellow paint schemes!  Thanks for posting the comparisons!

Craig
mcmrailvideos.com

Date: 04/04/19 18:05
Author: 4489

Great video, thanks for sharing.  Always nice ot see the ex-CPR 800 series  Montreal area commuter coaches still earning their keep.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds