Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Warbonnet Wednesday plus Tu, Th & Fr

Date: 04/17/19 08:38
Warbonnet Wednesday plus Tu, Th & Fr
Author: bmarti7

I grew up in Topeka, KS and never thought much about the uniqueness of the Santa Fe passenger paint scheme. One of my fondest memories would be when we went shopping in Kansas City on a Saturday. Before going to dinner (usually at one of the Baltimore Ave restaurants in downtown KC, we would make a stop on the Broadway Bridge. While mom patiently waited in the car, we would stand on the bridge to see three westbound Warbonnets lined-up to depart around 5 pm - the Chief, the Tulsan, and the Kansas Citian. I wish I still had a photo of that. As I write this post I am looking at Joe McMillan's Santa Fe Calendar. The April photo shows two Santa Fe passenger trains passing in Trinidad, CO at the C & S Junction. Great stuff!

Today I take a break from my chronological trip reports to show the Warbonnet catches from last week in the La Crosse area. They are a big deal up north as well. I hope you enjoy. Thanks for looking.

BB

1. BNSF 787 is second engine on the last sunny day
2. The BNSF 785 leads a CP east train on their River Sub near Dakota, MN. This train would cut-off 20 sand cards at La Crescent, MN before heading south (not sure what CP railroad direction) on the CP Marquette Sub
3. BNSF 4705 is the 3rd engine on the BNSF 8873 west passing the golf course in La Crosse as the snow intensifies

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/19 08:46 by bmarti7.

Date: 04/17/19 08:42
Re: Warbonnet Wednesday plus Tu, Th & Fr
Author: bmarti7

4. BNSF 627 east leads as it's really coming down
5. BNSF 720 east - the golf course is wide-open, no waiting for tee times
6. The 785 returns as the DPU on a CP westward train on the River Sub, parked on the Weaver, MN siding

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/19 08:44 by bmarti7.

Date: 04/17/19 09:16
Re: Warbonnet Wednesday plus Tu, Th & Fr
Author: Ritzville

Nice collection of Warbonnets Bill in varied weather conditons. Sure looked like quite a snow storm for Spring. Your pictures made me happy that I still see quite a few warbonnets still rolling thru the backyard.

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0579 seconds