Home Open Account Help 182 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP commemorative paint scheme for the Golden Spike celebration

Date: 04/18/19 16:38
UP commemorative paint scheme for the Golden Spike celebration
Author: P

I beleive I have seen a reference here for UP doing this, but alas, no leaks of the design.

I was reading the May issue of TRAINS and saw the mock up that Tom Dannemann created and thought it looked awesome.  As I was reading the article, I thought this was the design, but as I finished, it appears this was just an independent artist at play.   I doubt that this would be the actual design as UP would not have allowed this to be printed, but what are your thoughts on the TRAINS mock-up?

I think it would be outstanding.  

Date: 04/18/19 16:51
Re: UP commemorative paint scheme for the Golden Spike celebratio
Author: CPR_4000

I liked it, but thought it was "all tender and no locomotive" in that only the short nose had the Russia iron color, while everything from the cab back was based on the tender.

Date: 04/18/19 21:27
Author: x3985

I thought it was going to be the UP Employee Pride unit #1111?
If so, the design was posted 10 days ago under 'UP Employee Pride Unit'
If not, something like the Trains' UP #119 would be interesting to see on the rails.

Date: 04/18/19 21:28
Author: RRBMail

Any news magazine can print the scheme if it falls into their hands--it is ligetimate news. It's called Freedom of the Press. Of course, Trains would not want to risk pissing off "Uncle Pete" for fear of being uninvited on (private) RR property, something it has been very concerned about since at least DPM days. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0269 seconds