Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Eastern Idaho RR question

Date: 04/19/19 15:20
Eastern Idaho RR question
Author: JFArrFan

I'll be in the area next week and was wondering what operations the EIRR has these days.

Any help is appreciated

Jonathan Fischer
West Seattle, WA

Date: 04/19/19 18:37
Re: Eastern Idaho RR question
Author: bluesman

I can't say much about time of operations. However I can tell you that the EIRR is one busy RR.  Impressive amounts of inbound cars of DDG, corn, fertilizer prouducts and all sorts of other traffic.  I was by Rupert and the whole area April 10/11. If you have time there are many possible photo ops.

Date: 04/19/19 20:34

Thanks for the information!

Jonathan Fischer
West Seattle, WA

Date: 04/19/19 20:50
Author: callum_out

Don't know how much it's changed but there was always power at Jerome for the turn West and the train to
the interchange. The railroad as mentioned is very busy and shouldn't be too hard to find a train. Back way
to Twin along the railroad is a really nice drive.

Out

Date: 04/20/19 07:08

Thanks for the info!

Jonathan Fischer
West Seattle, WA

Date: 04/20/19 08:00
Author: florida581

UP delivers EIRR traffic on two trains:

LCF50 (Pocatello - Minidoka turn daily)
This train arrives and departs Minidoka in the wee hours of the night to interchange with the EIRR.  This train is usually well over 100 cars.

LCT47 (Idaho Falls - Pocatello turn Tu-Sa)
This train usually departs Idaho Falls predawn with EIRR traffic, sets out and then picks up returning EIRR traffic at Pocatello, and then returns.  It usually arrives back in Idaho Falls in the late afternoon.

Andrew

Date: 04/20/19 17:37
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

How much busier would the operation have to get before UP would express interest in taking it back?  

Date: 04/20/19 17:41
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Currently Union Pacific is too busy cutting back trying to starve themselves into prosperity to do anything like that.

Date: 04/20/19 19:39

Thank you!

Jonathan Fischer
West Seattle, WA

Date: 05/08/19 10:44
Author: Bad_Order

I'll be in that area next month and was hoping to get some pics up around Monida Pass. How has the current stUPidity effected the PCSB & SBPC?

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0349 seconds