Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF Harbor Sub Missing Link Not so Long Ago

Date: 05/13/19 12:58
BNSF Harbor Sub Missing Link Not so Long Ago
Author: spider1319

Two images from BNSF Harbor Subdivision just before all thru traffic was transferred to the Alameda Corridor.The portion from Malabar to El Segundo is out of service and in many places the rails are missing. LAMTA is owner of the Harbor Sub and is busy finishing up construction of the Crenshaw Light Rail Line on the mid portion.The first image is west of Ingelwood and the second image is near Lairport.I think this is the MBARWAT. I debated putting this on the Nostalgia Board. Bill Webb

Date: 05/13/19 13:22
Re: BNSF Harbor Sub Missing Link Not so Long Ago
Author: 3rdswitch

Brings back great memories of running along that stretch as well as riding along that stretch in freight cars.
JB

Date: 05/13/19 14:34
Author: callum_out

There was that wonderful spot along Slauson just before Western where the line crossed on a diagonal crossing,
did wonders for the traffic on Slauson. I so remember that line as a kid going to work with my Dad, it was cool being
right next to the train as it rolled along at nearly 20 mph.

Out

Date: 05/13/19 17:17
Author: Hookdragkick

$1.49 Triple Cheeseburger and 17 years later. 

Date: 05/13/19 20:08
Author: dynamicbrakeman

They just took the crossing gates and crossbucks down at Slauson & Central last week. It appears someone is starting to do some work on the line.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0447 seconds