Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A few shots from the last week or two I'd thought I'd share

Date: 05/15/19 18:51
A few shots from the last week or two I'd thought I'd share
Author: msns2557

Hey All, Been awhile since I last shared with all here. Here are some shot's that I have taken since the first of the month. Hope ya like them.

Shot 1.  This is the recently painted CCRG RP39-2C 728, the ex CCRG/CRRX C20 and before that VRE V20. Was ordered by the A&WP as their 728, which explains the number. We got a shot of her at the east end of the Station Platform in Canon City on Mothers Day. Yes I had him stop so I could get a few shots. We first saw it the previous night and I told him we needed to go back in the morning when the light was good. (I'm scarring him with my "Lets wait and get it with better light comments") Here it sits on the east end of the train. The other end had the F7A 403 leading with the 3104 second out. This should be the set up for the start of the new season here for this train.

Shot 2.  This was May 5th in Castle Rock, or actually between Castle Rock and Larkspur Co on the Joint Line. We were making our way to Denver to enjoy a Colorado Rockies B'Ball game. Our daughter got us some tickets for the game to help us celebrate our 35th Wedding Anniversary. We had a very good day.  But the shot shows what BNSF calls "Protect Power" which is basically a helper unit that sits at Castle Rock on the SB side for the opportunity to help a stalled train get over the Palmer Divide. Their was a Coal Load down by the Camp Grounds at Tomah Rd just north of Larkspur. This is BNSF 5911 heading south at a slow rate.

Shot 3.  After the game, we made the rounds by the yards in the Denver area. Over at the UP Yard at 36th St, we found this pair waiting to work. There were 2 other jobs working the yard this evening, but these 2 were waiting a future call. UPY GP15-1 Y546 with UP GP38-2 712 just east of the yard office.  (BTW, the Rockies won the game, made this baseball fan very happy)

Thanks for looking at some of my recent shots.  Take care all, Kristie

Date: 05/15/19 20:25
Re: A few shots from the last week or two I'd thought I'd share
Author: NS4271

Great photos.
All very good.

Date: 05/15/19 21:20
Author: SCKP187

Nice variety and photos.
Brian Stevens

Date: 05/16/19 01:14
Author: bmarti7

Very nice-go Rockies!

BB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds