Home Open Account Help 231 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Hey folks, I'm back! Breaking in a new vehicle

Date: 05/17/19 10:14
Hey folks, I'm back! Breaking in a new vehicle
Author: RustyRayls

My wife's health issues have been taking up most of my time for the last 5 months and I just haven't been able to get trackside very much. I did manage to order a new train chasing rig back in February and picked it up last week. Wednesday was an off day for Judy's dialysis and AuburnEd was in town so we decided to do a break-in run to the Kingman area. This was my first trip to East Griffith.
1. An eastbound manifest splitting the signals at East Griffith.
2. The BEAST! A Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison. We went to some nasty places and never even scraped the skid plates!!
3. An eastbound stacker approaching the crossing at Hackberry Rd. during our breafast break.

More later!
Old Bob still out in Lost Wages

Date: 05/17/19 10:32
Re: Hey folks, I'm back! Breaking in a new vehicle
Author: spider1319

You are going have some fun in that bad boy.Perfect for train chasing.Glad to hear your wife is doing better.Bill Webb

Date: 05/17/19 10:36
Author: BKLYN

ENJOY

Date: 05/17/19 11:21
Author: Lackawanna484

Glad to hear things are going better for you and your wife.  Care givers need care, too.

Date: 05/17/19 11:29
Author: mojaveflyer

Good to see you back and best wishes for your wife's health issues! Nice looking truck, too...

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 05/17/19 12:12
Author: callum_out

I'll echo that, best wishes to you and yours, glad to see you out there again.

Out

Date: 05/17/19 12:59
Author: weather

Great loking rig! It could be Motor Trends Truck of the Year!

Date: 05/17/19 14:50
Author: DKay

Nice ride there Bob,and great photos.
Regards,dK

Date: 05/17/19 15:36
Author: Copy19

Hey Bob, great to see you post again.  Now that you are out and about can you tell me what’s left downtown? Yard office?

John

Date: 05/17/19 16:36

John, there is nothing left! They still use the 3 mains for temporary train parking. I think they may be busing crews from the new yard office for some crew changes. They are reconstructing the I-15 / US95 interchange and connecting MLK Blvd to Industrial Rd. EVERYTHING is changing in the area around the old yard.
How have you been doing? You need to come out to Lost Wages sometime. I owe you lunch!!

Date: 05/17/19 18:21
Author: callum_out

John you wouldn't recognize the yard area or I-15 North from the interchange, it's way different. The 95 North
and South to 15 lanes need work but it's getting there. The real "new" thing is the Raiders Stadium down by the
215 Loop which is going up, Vegas is really changing. Oh and throw in the I-11 Interchange to Boulder City
and you might need a guide! It's still nuts though, they had a fatal wreck out on I-11 where it connects to the
road to the bridge over the dam-before it even opened!

Out

Date: 05/17/19 20:46

Thanks for all the kind words Guys!! I really do appreciate it! It looks like Judy is probably not coming home, so I will slowly turn the house into a "Mancave" and I'll be visiting her daily. Sometimes I think that my Little Girl and the internet is the only thing keeping me sane (well, as close to sane as I'm going to get). 

Date: 05/19/19 19:32
Author: grandroad

Bob, TO missed you and your photos. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Paul Brennecke
Golden, CO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds