Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Boeing train on Joint Line today . . .

Date: 06/07/19 15:07
Boeing train on Joint Line today . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .    been pretty lax this year about photographing my home territory around Palmer Lake, CO, on the busy joint UP BNSF Joint Line main. SHOULD have early this afternoon BUT when I left home late this morning noticed a southbound BNSF coal train stopped between Palmer Lake and Mounument in a place they would normally not stop. Figured problems and big delay to northbounds. When I returned an hour or so ago made it a point to check ATCS for short northbounds and saw one pasing through Academy, south of here. Figured it MIGHT be the Boeing train and turned out it was. Made the short jaunt down to Larkspur catching him coming into town. Unfortunately the canopy cars were on the head end not allowing the view of all six fuselages but you get what you get.
JB

Date: 06/07/19 15:50
Re: Boeing train on Joint Line today . . .
Author: SP8595

Very Nice!

Date: 06/07/19 15:56
Re: Boeing train on Joint Line
Author: timz

What's the route from Wichita?

Date: 06/07/19 17:20
Author: highgreengraphics

Nice - Wonder if it went up the FRS - I was otherwise occupied today anyway, just curious. === === = === JLH

Date: 06/07/19 17:48
Author: MSE

To get to the joint line, it would take the Ark City sub from the Connell siding in south Wichita to Newton. Then, the La Junta sub to Colorado.

Frankly, I'm surprised they don't use this routing all the time rather than taking the fuselages and parts through KC. 

Date: 06/07/19 19:24
Author: n9949y

Wondering if those B-737s are already equipped with MCAS to prevent the fuselages climbing the Mullan pass route from pitching up too much then rolling off the flat cars.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/19 19:49 by n9949y.

Date: 06/08/19 06:39
Author: sfbrkmn

Reroute pulls from Spirit are going Wichita to Wellks, then west to Amaril and then north on the BN. Fuselage loads are not allowed through the Newton yard due to clearance issues. That was tried about a month ago, which resulted in a sideswipe w/ a cut of cars. Damaged fuselage had to be returned to Wichita for likely a scrapping.

Date: 06/08/19 07:36
Author: SD45X

Went up Front Range sub this morning. Think Lambert 0800

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/08/19 13:06
Author: Rmosele

n9949y Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wondering if those B-737s are already equipped
> with MCAS to prevent the fuselages climbing the
> Mullan pass route from pitching up too much then
> rolling off the flat cars.

I see what you did there.

Date: 06/08/19 16:50
Author: JoCoLB

Pretty sure the fuselage reroutes are due to continuing flood problems along the Missouri River northwest of Kansas City. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0461 seconds