Home Open Account Help 401 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Kingman Canyon - "Great Train Race"

Date: 06/10/19 12:55
Kingman Canyon - "Great Train Race"
Author: cinder

The late afternoon sun is lighting up Kingman Canyon on the BNSF Transcon.  An eastbound intermodal is slogging upgrade.  Is that dpu's I hear?  No .... Wait ! The increasing roar is the sound of a short-fast eastbound overtaking the intermodal.  

The chase is on ..... No contest really.  

Sorry about the "shakes".  My Galaxy S5 wasn't set to video stabilization.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/19 13:31 by cinder.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/10/19 14:59
Re: Kingman Canyon - "Great Train Race"
Author: Hookdragkick

That EB dog on M1 must of been real short and light. The Dispatcher won't bend the switches toward M1 at Griffith to Berry for ANY EB unless they're at least 2.3 - 2.5 HPT minimum or you may be tying your train down and asking for more power. 

Date: 06/10/19 16:39
Author: goneon66

great catch cinder.  that is the first time i have seen a manifest e/b on main #1 with an e/b intermodal on main #2. 

that is one of my favorite spots to take videos in the canyon.............

Date: 06/10/19 16:57
Author: mapboy

There has been tie work on Main 2, causing trains to use the steep Main 1.  What date was this?  I encourage all photographers and videographers to post the date.  It could be they opened Main 2 for the hot Z.

mapboy

Date: 06/10/19 17:18
Author: zchcsse

6 engines makes it a little suspect, but that manifest looks like the Local returning to Berry from McConnico.   Do you remember if it was much more than those gons?

Date: 06/10/19 18:08
Author: AndyBrown

Lucky catch!  Thanks for sharing your good fortune.

Andy

Date: 06/10/19 18:16
Author: cinder

The video was shot on Saturday afternoon, May 11.  And yes, the manifest was just a handful of gons, mostly empty ......a couple with large spools of wire.  No trackwork was being done that day..

Date: 06/10/19 22:27
Author: ProAmtrak

Nice catch, only other time I know is fun is when No. 4 crosses over and does the station work, I rode it one night where I woke up and saw an Eastbound on Main 2, No. 4 highballs and overtakes the eastbound before I-40 and then once crossing over at Barry, SEE YA!!!

Date: 06/11/19 07:30
Author: cabman

Question about all the blue trailers on the upper train.  Logo looks like it might be Amazon or am I haluscinating?

Date: 06/11/19 07:33
Author: goneon66

yes, they are amazon "prime" trailers and they are seen daily on seligman sub intermodal trains........

Date: 06/11/19 08:11
Author: ntharalson

Great catch, and that H1 "Northern" on the intermodal train was a better catch than the NS on the manifest!

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds