Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF business train equipment being held at LPKC

Date: 06/13/19 08:07
BNSF business train equipment being held at LPKC
Author: JoCoLB

I had a fairly uncluttered and sunny view of BNSF Railway business train equipment parked at the Logistics Park Kansas City terminal in Edgerton, KS, at 9 a.m. today, Thursday, June 13, 2019.  There were a total of 13 cars and four locomotives on two tracks.

The 11-car train at left, with engine No. 6805 in charge, made a run from LPKC to Emporia and back late Wednesday afternoon and evening. Unknown what the next assignments are for this equipment. 

The best part of these pictures today was that there was clear skies and full sunlight. No. 6805 was facing east.

Date: 06/13/19 08:08
Re: BNSF business train equipment being held at LPKC

One more view...

Date: 06/13/19 08:12

Here is a video clip of BNSF 6805 leading the westbound O-train to Emporia on Wednesday. I shot the video at 5:15 p.m., as the train passed through Edgerton under dark skies. Ten minutes after the train passed by, the sun was shining again. 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/13/19 09:57
Author: santafe199

Interesting shots, Larry! I'd love to have been able to see the 4717 in person on the biz train move. Although current BNSF management could probably care less, it's nice throw-back look for Santa Fe fans everywhere...

Lance/199

Date: 06/13/19 10:27
Author: bmarti7

Nice set - thanks for posting.

BB

Date: 06/13/19 14:36
Author: lilwes

I wonder if it was to show off the 2 new bridges at Pomona and Quememo? It's nearly impossible to get back to ether one these days.

Wes Chiles
Topeka, KS

Date: 06/13/19 15:36
Author: RailfanTerry

It's being used for BNSF Employee Appreciation trips

Date: 06/13/19 16:01
Author: Milw_E70

RailfanTerry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's being used for BNSF Employee Appreciation
> trips

The Topeka and Kansas City trips were held last week, the rest have been postponed until July due to flooding issues. This was a separate trip for a different department...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0429 seconds