Home Open Account Help 259 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Changing Light at Mount Ogden Overlook Utah

Date: 06/16/19 04:26
Changing Light at Mount Ogden Overlook Utah
Author: robj

With spare time following the 4014 I had time for several visits to the Overlook along I-84, I think of it as Mountain Green, some describe it as Petersen? but this is the spot where you see the 4014 and traffic jam of cars(one of the locations).  So this is west of Ogden before Echo Canyon.

What I liked was the changing views between morning and evening.  I have attached a few photos, the first ones are new, the second set are some repeats  for comparison in one place, maybe new to some.

1) Evening  WB on 5/9/2019.  With the light angle and recent rains at that time of day everything was saturated light.
2)  WB later, looks a little tricky  the sun is below the mountains to the left but the clouds are still picking up some light?  A little flat but on the right day the sky could be nice.

3) Morning, 5/12, the 4014 is coming later.  I like this one  tho the train is in the shadow it is still picking up the morning light.

Bob Jordan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/19 04:35 by robj.

Date: 06/16/19 04:31
Re: Changing Light at Mount Ogden Overlook Utah
Author: robj

These are repeats:

1) Evening, Equipment deadheading back to Omaha. About 45 minutes earlier the day had looked like number 1.  May 8th.
2) Morning A little earlier train than number 3, May 12th.

Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/19 04:35 by robj.

Date: 06/16/19 09:46
Author: bobk

Nice shots!

Date: 06/16/19 10:39
Author: mojaveflyer

Light makes all the difference... Nice series!

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 06/16/19 16:51
Author: ns1000

Thanks for the pics.  I like Pic 1!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0355 seconds