Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Military Train Trumps The Empire Builder

Date: 07/01/19 09:11
Military Train Trumps The Empire Builder
Author: walstib

I started out with a plan to catch the Portland section of the Empire Builder at Kennewick, but when I encountered a military train at Mesa, I flipped around and scurried up to Providence Hill, west of Lind, to catch the war machines there before sunset on Sunday night.

I made it to Providence Hill with time to spare, and thanks to a couple of eastbounds lined up waiting for a pair of westbound trains to clear the single-track section, I caught the military train on the hill just before sunset for some still shots.

Then, it was down to the flat section of Lind, at the old Milwaukee Road crossing, where I shot this quick video of the train rolling by.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/01/19 19:51
Re: Military Train Trumps The Empire Builder
Author: PHall

Is it 4K? The system here has a hard time digesting stuff like that.

Date: 07/01/19 22:53

No, it was 1080p. I already bumped it down from 4K to 1080 because of the 4K issue here. Usually that works, but not this time.

Date: 07/02/19 07:56
Author: ntharalson

Well, whatever the problem was, the video encoded and I just watched it.  Thanks for posting.

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 07/02/19 08:38

That’s great, thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

I noticed last night that there was at least one other video stuck in limbo. It finally posted, too, I noticed this morning.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/03/19 06:47
Author: dash944cw

Wonderful  vid ! That's a trainload of stuff you don't see every day.
Where's Patton when you need him?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0306 seconds