Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Bringing Back the Santa Fe Pinstripe Era

Date: 07/06/19 10:41
Bringing Back the Santa Fe Pinstripe Era
Author: BNSF-6432

Now that the Cimarron Valley has acquired C40-8's to replace the older EMD's, they've also updated their look to a Santa Fe inspired scheme as some may know. CVR 5052 has already made it to it's new home and is in operation. 4053 is currently in route having left Tulsa, OK mid afternoon yesterday going east to Kansas City. The engine was brought to Tulsa on a St. Louis-Tulsa having arrived on Sunday morning. After sitting in Tulsa for five days, the unit went back east in typical BNSF routing. On Sunday morning I missed it coming in by a matter of minutes. Thankfully, there was a report of it being on a train in Cherokee Yard while I was free. I headed for downtown knowing UP just picked up their interchange meaning the depot tracks would be clear of any cars.

1) 6968 leads yesterday's TULKCK out of Tulsa passing the old Tulsa Union Depot.

2) A rear view of the fresh looking 4053

3) I wasn't thinking of the pole being in the passing shot, but here's a front end view of 4053, complete with the old style numbering

Taken 7/5/2019 in Tulsa, OK
PQM

Date: 07/06/19 10:55
Re: Bringing Back the Santa Fe Pinstripe Era
Author: cozephyr

Glad to hear Cimarron Valley 4053 is moving towards her new home-!  Sharp paint 🎨 job.

Date: 07/06/19 11:03
Author: coach

Snazzy !!!

Date: 07/06/19 11:29
Author: SD608708

I like it. I'm glad CV brought it back.

Paul B
Canton, GA

Date: 07/06/19 12:15
Author: Txtrainman60

So simple yet such an awsome paint scheme! I wouldn't mind any class I picking up that look!

Date: 07/06/19 13:39
Author: santafe199

...and those Roman-style numbers are the crowning touch! (be still, my beating heart... ;^)

Lance/199

Date: 07/06/19 15:11
Author: fbe

Nicely silvered trucks.

Date: 07/06/19 16:13
Author: MojaveBill

Beautiful!!

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 07/06/19 17:26
Author: misty1

Beautiful paint scheme I like the one with the LARGE firecracker antenna.

Date: 07/06/19 19:54
Author: SantaFeRuss

Me like the CV unit!

SantaFeRuss

Date: 07/06/19 22:18
Author: JGFuller

Illinois Central scheme similar, except Black and White. NS: think about this!!

Date: 07/07/19 06:34
Author: Hookdragkick

The nose logo could of gone higher imo. Other than that, sharp looking GE. If only we could get a C4 painted the same. Of course, it'd look like a CSX motor then.

Date: 07/15/19 12:31
Author: PHall

Looks great. They only "problem" I see is that the stripe on the carbody is too wide. Should be about half it's width.
But they got the fonts right on the lettering and that's where people usually get it wrong.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.035 seconds